Chapter 39: Tear It Down

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Whisper of Evil - Choe Jeong In, Lim Mi Hyun ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 3:29

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 20 - 2027 ║

║ Wednesday║ Class Day║

The headmistress's words about the Olympia's sports cup echoed in my mind as I walked back to the dormitory. A warm adrenaline ran down my spine at the thought of what lay ahead. The competition seemed innocent enough on the surface, but I had learned by now that nothing was ever as it seemed within these ivy-covered walls.

It was insane how I had just arrived at this strange school a few weeks ago, unaware of the sinister secrets it held. 

Pretty crazy how it had been mere weeks since I arrived at this strange institution, an outsider among its ancient halls and crooked classrooms. 

The truth or dare games were strange enough, testing my resolve with bizarre dares and probing personal questions. But now this Olympia's Cup sounded downright malevolent. 

It was as if the truth or dare games we had played just weeks ago now seemed just a silly prelude to the cutthroat competition unfolding. 

I had quickly learned to play their twisted games of truth or dare, navigating the perilous weekly ritual with caution. Yet, as if that's not enough reason to torment me just yet, now this — an ominous competition called the Olympia's Cup, as the headmistress had declared with glinting with sadistic glee in her cold voice earlier — even added to my sufferings, and had me on chokehold in its sinister grip.

Yet, when a group of students passed me in the hallway, whispering and shooting dark glances my way, my mind went astray from my negative thoughts as I could vividly feel their eyes on me the moment I entered back the common room. With their gazes calculating, I could feel the eyes of the other competitors watching my every move, waiting for any sign of weakness they could exploit. Behind every friendly face of theirs lurked the desire to prevail, to crush opponents and claim the Olympia's Cup as one's house own.

I knew right then that they saw me as an easy target, an unwitting participant in their cruel games. 

They might even saw me as a threat, a potential obstacle in their quest for victory.

I knew they would stop at nothing to win, no matter the cost. But I would not go down without a fight. There were secrets in this place, rotten things buried under the school's venerable facade. I just had to stay sharp, watch my back and uncover the truths they hoped to hide. 

As the other girls in my dorm chatted excitedly about the Olympia's Cup, I feigned a smile and nodded along. But inwardly, I steeled myself. Something told me I would need every ounce of courage, determination and spirit I could muster in the days to come. 

Ruby Fridaysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें