Chapter 12: A Divulge Vow

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Truth or Dare - Emily Osment ] «

0:02 ──────── 3:02

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 01 - 2027 ║ Friday 1st Midnight

My heart raced as I watched Killian stride away from me, my mind spinning in both haywire of desire for I don't have any reason why, and for anticipation for my next turn — I knew that it would come soon, and I didn't know if I was ready for what might come. 

I had already taken the risk of a daring kiss, and the rush of adrenaline I had felt had been both thrilling and overwhelming. But how much more could I handle? I had already faced the challenge of Killian's dare, and I still felt my face flush at the thought. What more was stored for my own tasked game later on? 

To be honest, all of this shits was a challenge I had never even faced before, and I couldn't help myself from feeling high as I held my breath trying so hard to situate myself from both the dream and reality of the clouds I am floating in. 

Drifting among the it, I could feel my strength growing and the thrill of an unknown outcome and challenge of the game, pushing me further and further away from my mundane life on the ground.

But the moment passed, and I was stuck waiting for my turn to play. I tried to distract myself, but the anticipation was too much. The anticipation was palpable, and I felt every nerve in my body as I waited for my next move. I knew whatever it would be, it would be something I had never encountered before. 

I wrung my hands and stared pointedly at the floor, determined to steel my resolve and take on whatever challenge was presented. I had no idea what I was getting into, but it was clear I had no choice but to face it.

The game moved quickly and before I knew it, my turn was approaching like a dark mists. I took a deep breath, almost relieved to be facing a challenge, rather than sitting and waiting to see what fate had in store for me. I had never done it once before, but I know it's my fate to do this again and again.

"Student Number 13 — Ruby Fridays, please rise and heed straight here to the stage..."

As I heard my name ring loud and clear behind Ms. Rose wicked grins, I was suddenly brought back to my own little reality. All of a sudden, a million thoughts, worries, and anxieties ran through my mind. 

Unavoidably, it was my turn. I closed my eyes, feeling a sense of dread rising in my stomach, like the dark waters of a tumultuous sea. I took a deep breath and let it out, trying to still my racing heart. I had become lost in the shadowy depths of the unknown, surrounded by the ghosts of doubt and uncertainty.

Before I could even comprehend my current situation, I found myself inching closer and closer to the stage, unable to shake off the feeling of dread that slowly crept up to my body.