Chapter 10: Chair of Fate

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Wonderland - Neoni ] «

0:06 ──────── 0:31

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

"Hello, come in, welcome to the freak show,

Take your seat but,

Don't look out the windows

The monsters like to jump out of the dark

Buckle up 'cause this is just the start

Smoke and mirrors

Never trust what you see

They feast on your fears

Be careful what you believe

Best to just never let down your guard

This ride can be enough to stop your heart,"

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 01 - 2027 ║ Friday 1st Midnight

"Strange to say, but our uniform seemed to suit you better."  

Staring myself in front of the mirror, I heard Serene voiced out beside me with a feminine smile etched on her face. With her words, I unconsciously touched the midnight-lavender fabric cautiously and observed my reflection. Cocking my head side to side, I sighed as I realize she was right. The fabrics of this Institution's uniform, from its long sleeves, skirts, and vests, draped around my frame in a way that the clothing I normally chose could not — or would not — match. 

I ran my fingers along the embroidered insignia, tracing the intricate patterns and stitching of what I now wore. The uniform felt and fit me perfectly, like a second skin, as it's raggedly stitched seams and unbearably heavy fabric became the sign of where I now stand in this place, a sign of my new home. These clothes didn't choked me that much yet, its silhouette reflecting through the mirrors, became a constant reminder that I am now caged right here, struggling to breathe, flee and survive from whatever games tonight will be. 

"You think? Well, with that... I hope I'll still have more days to live on wearing this shit since it looks good on me." I replied with a hint of both satisfaction and melancholy on my voice, as I put on my shoes, getting ready to head out. I heard her little chuckles before I took a deep breath, buttoning up the last button of my vest. Thereafter, we both decided to step out through the main door of our dorm as The only thing I can be sure of is that I will keep on wearing these shoes, until the very last day of my stay in here.

Ruby Fridaysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें