Chapter 35: The Wanderluster's Hall

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Wanderlust - The Theorist ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 4:04

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 18 - 2027 ║

║ Monday║ Class Day║

"Welcome to the Wanderlusters Hall, Ruby..."

Killian's warm voice laced with greetings echoed through the walls as he held the door agape for me to enter through. The dim lighting and cobwebs hanging from the chandeliers gave the place a musty old feel that hinted at secrets untold. 

As my boots stepped into the unknown grounds full of dimly lit candles, the carpet crunched underfoot as if made of dead leaves rather than fabric, and my perceptions suddenly became blurry as it gave a glow that disrupts my mind. 

And so, I walked in cautiously, Killian followed behind, closing the door with a creak and plunging us into near darkness but for a few candles flickering here and there, "Please make yourself at home," he said with a grin that seemed to hold more glee and mirth.

When we grazed around the foyer, I was immediately greeted with few table and chairs in the middle of the room and a few couches scattered around. It was dimly lit, the only light coming from a few lamps scattered around the common area. It gave the place an eerie yet undeniable cozy glow, highlighting the dust floating in the air.

My palms felt clammy as I wondered if I would get caught trespassing in the male dorm. Part of me wished I could just leave the knowledge of truth that Killian was urging me to hear, yet my ablaze curiosity kept me moving forward as I could sense Killian's excitement as he led me through the empty halls. 

That's okay, Ruby. The other boys must all be in class too. You don't have anything to fussed about. I murmured to myself to ease the anxiousness creeping up in my system.

We then walked up the stairs, the old wooden steps creaking with each of my step. In every tread of the staircase, I would take a fair glance around at the seemingly moth-eaten furniture and faded portraits hanging crooked on the walls, their eyes following me in my perceptions.

Reaching the end of it I also glanced at the doors we passed, wondering what secrets lay behind each one. As we walked deeper inside, I could hear faint chanting coming from one of the rooms. But, when Killian stopped in front of that very same door which is situated at the end of the pathway and turned the knob, it raked me up in my daydreams and I waited on it to open with a faint groan.

"Oh, god. What is that smell..." I automatically scrunched my nose in confusion as before even stepping into the dorm room, my senses was hit with the scent of old socks and sweat. The small room was a mess, clothes and dishes scattered everywhere. 

When he moved out from my gaze now unblocking my sight to what he's pertaining to, he then revealed two boys sitting across each other. Their bodies were covered in strange symbols drawn in marker and they were chanting some nonsense in monotonous voices.