Chapter 2: Welcome to Wonderland

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Downfall - Neoni ] «

1:19 ───────── 2:55

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

"My eyes are vacant

And all I can see

Is my isolation

Circling me

I'm drowning I'm drowning

In my apathy

This is my downfall

Lose control

Watch me go

I'm slipping I'm slipping

Down the rabbit hole

Can't stop it

Can't stop my downfall,"

───── ❝RUBY FRIDAY'S POV❞ ────

As if thousand of needles pricked my throat, I woke up startled. My breathing came into my consciousness and it sounded like I just suddenly emerged from a tidal wave. I automatically sat up as alertness from sleeping in open spaces kicked in. But a quick roam of my eyes told me I wasn't in the same cold, crimson place earlier- the academy's gate.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times, feeling more awake now that I was out of the confined space of my nightmares. I could feel the coldness of the room seeping through my clothes, but I ignored it, instead I focused on my surroundings.

If I remembered it right, I was just in the forest, just outside the academy's gates. But now, the place I am lurking was undeniably far from what I had expected.

The bed where I lay was soft and warm, clean velvet walls surrounded me. From the ceiling, several crystal chandeliers dangled above the rectangular room with intricate carvings of vines and leaves. The air was faintly scented with flowers, and the light from the chandeliers was gentle and soothing. The door was not far from where I was sitting, and though I could not see through the thick curtains, I could tell that the harsh world from the outside was not visible from where I was.

The room had an ethereal feel, as if it were a place from a dream. I don't know how long I lay there, staring up at the sparkling crystals, lost in thought.

Where the heck did I let myself get dragged again?

That question popped in my reverie but my mind was strangely too calm to comprehend things. I reached for my back where the bleeding was supposed to be. But there was no open wound to touch, instead, my fingers raked through a clean bandage with ease. It was strange. I was sure that there was supposed to be an aching wound here, that I had been wounded in some way. But when I tried to touch it, it was as if the gunshots had never happened.