Chapter 13: The Coven's Invitation

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Open Me - Kim Min Ji ] «

0:01 ──────── 2:20

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 02 - 2027 ║

║ Saturday ║ Free Day ║

The first weekend of my stay here at the academy had finally arrived, and the first night of the malevolent games of "Truth or Dare," was temporarily over. Though, it has ended, I know, it was far from indeed over. Actually, according to Ms. Rose, we were just getting started. 

As Saturday dawned, the academy returned to its typical routine, but the feeling of mystery in the air lingered like a dark and sinister fog. 

Still, the challenge of last night's had been swirling around my hazy consciousness, as for the first time ever, I had seen the teens around me and oddly myself too, who mustered the courage to take on the most daring tasks and uncover the most hidden secrets. 

It was like, I couldn't help myself but to reflect on the events that had taken place the hours ago. One minute, we had gotten together to play a game of truth or dare, and then the next was a hell-bent ride of my life as I was surprised at the secrets and stories that had been revealed. It had been a chaotic dark night, and it had left me feeling like I was belong.

It was uncomfortable, yet I had to admit, it was a welcome change. To me, it felt like I had stepped into a new world where I could finally get to know peers like me, who had the same darker level than me. 

It was as if, I was surrounded by those who shared the same boldness and fearlessness, and although it filled me with a sense of unease, it also gave me a stirring sense of excitement. 

Like, I had stepped into a more mysterious and daring side of the myself than I had ever experienced before.

"Why are you still not on your civvies, Ruby? It's weekend, free roam around the academy day, it is." Ruining the steady stream of my twisted thoughts, Serene chided as she descended the stairs, stringed from the fact that her room was situated at the second floor.

Her words snapped me out of my thoughts completely, and for that I quickly glanced at myself, noticing that I still hadn't changed out of my school uniform. I suddenly felt a flush creep over my cheeks as I stared back at her who's now checking herself our the big mirror, fixing the sleeves of her coat while eyeing me with confusion evident in her orbs. 

From where I was sitting, I quickly rounded my eyes out the window as the harsh rays of the morning sun lit up the grounds and the golden hour was almost upon us. By the terrace window, I could see some teens talking and laughing, seemingly without a care in the world.

Just then, I realized that everyone had already changed out of their usual clothes, the academy grounds filled with students feeling the freedom of the weekend.

"You didn't know, did you?" She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow, a knowing smirk on her lips, "As you can see, weekends after the Friday's games is our time. No classes, no rules, no eyes watching from the headmistress quarters. We can do anything we want. "