Chapter 16: Chambers of Macabre

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Last Cigarette - Mothica, Au/Ra ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 4:02

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ T H I R D P E R S O N ' S P O V ❞ ─────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 04 - 2027 ║ 

║ Monday║ Class Day ║

The sun's pale rays had yet to brush the sky as the students of Rozbite Lustro Academy began to fill the halls. When it's rays are somewhat beginning to peer its way over the horizon, that's when the students of the Institution arrived at the threshold of their respective rooms. No student was like the next, each attending the academy for a unique purpose. 

It was an early morning ritual at the academy, one that signified the start of another day another brand new and dark semester of subjects to venture through.

In the midst of this lighthearted atmosphere, however, a solemn presence also hung in the air, like a veil of darkness. It was as if something unspoken was held in the minds of each and every student — an unknown worry or fear that shrouded their conversations and pursuits in a dark and mysterious tone.

Whether it was the fear of the future or of the unknown, this energy seemed to keep the students of the Institution in check, pushing them further and further in their studies, for these were the lessons that would shape their lives and prepare them for the days ahead.

Here, the instruction was different from the traditional literature, science, and mathematics educed in most classrooms.

Here in Rozbite Lustro Academy — everything was built different. In somewhat, worse ways.

The structure of the academy was built for a specific purpose, one not revealed to the new students joining the institution. Some had ventured to the academy to broaden their knowledge of the arcane, while others sought out the secrets of the mysteries in both themselves and the cruel world around them. Murmurs in the hallways gave little insight, as if it was a conversation full of strange words and forbidden lore.

As Ruby was walking down the aisle of the classroom halls, and within it's every nook and cranny, her gaze seemed to comprehend and absorb that her new space was a place where knowledge of the unknown was sought, a dark haven for those daring to ask questions and explore the realm of possibilities. 

There was an air of mystery as she stunt in the eerily quiet hallways, making her mind raised queries that even herself dread to even know.

What secrets lay hidden from my very own sight?  Her subconscious mind asked. Yet, no matter what queries sprung in her head she knew there was only one way to find out — to take the plunge and venture down the never-ending abyss of knowledge her shoes are stepping on about. 

Her thoughts are then completely different from what her fellow schoolmates are pondering though. Since they are the one's who are somewhat familiar to this weird field, rather than Ruby, they instantly knew that today, even though it was the first regular class day of the semester, it will still be not an ordinary day of classes. As they stepped into the dimly lit halls, they could feel a different energy in the air.