Chapter 28: The Book of Answers

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Book of Arcana - Ghanima Galach ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 3:13

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 15 - 2027 ║

║ Friday║ 3rd Post Meridiem of the Games ║

I had come seeking knowledge in the premise of this library, for the answers to questions that most would not dare ask. And, as of now, I felt like that half of those answer was slowly coming to me.

And so, I stared evergreen at the crumpled note in my hand, the scribbled handwriting felt somehow both unfamiliar yet deliberate. It's handwriting was even neat yet felt like rushed. I glance around the library, but the librarian who passed it to me at the front desk has disappeared amongst the towering shelves. My curiosity piques as I read the cryptic message again...

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

AISLE 88 : CHILDREN'S BOOK SECTION : LAST SHELVE : UPPER RIGHT

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

I continue to stare at the tiny slip of paper with its cryptic message scribbled in black ink. I even turned the note over but there are no more clues, no explanation as to why the librarian passed this to me as I checked out my books. The words seem innocent enough but there is an ominous undertone that raises the hairs on my neck.

There was indeed nothing more, only this cryptic message and the choice before me. To turn back now or step into the shadows, not knowing if I would ever return to the light again. A part of me knew the wisdom in walking away, yet the promise of truth beyond the door beckoned, tempting me towards the darkness within.

What secret does this note hold? 

What book could be so important that she would send me on a secret search for it? 

And why did she gave this cryptic shit to me? Why me?

Is this perhaps the answer to the forbidden knowledge I had to seek?

Dangerous curiosity stirs within me as I make my way through the towering shelves of the library, following the aisle numbers as they climb higher. This place that once felt so welcoming now seems shadowy and ominous. The dim lights cast long shadows across the floor, and the musty smell of old books fills the air.

The ancient library has always held a sense of mystery with its towering bookshelves full of weathered tomes and dimly lit corridors. But now, as the sun begins to set, casting long shadows across the wooden floors, a feeling of unease creeps over me. Midnight seems far away yet too close for comfort. Curiosity and caution wage a battle in my mind.