Chapter 1: Save Me

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Runaway - Aurora ] «

0:50 ───〇────── 4:08

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

"And I was runnin' far away

Would I run off the world someday?

Nobody knows, nobody knows

And I was dancing in the rain

I felt alive and I can't complain

But no, take me home

Take me home where I belong

I can't take it anymore,"

───── ❝ T H I R D  P E R S O N ' S  P O V ❞ ─────

"Fuck off, you bastards!"

With her crimson hands grappling on the steering wheel, Ruby silently cursed while glancing at her rear view mirror. Her bloodshot orbs was now wide opened, tears dangerously dangling within its edges. Her once enchanting face had bruised all over, and her whole body were tremendously shaking.

A look of 'I'm pissed' was in her attitude, but above all... she's actually terrified.

"Shit, shit, shit... " She ironically breathed, promptly glancing up to the dark sky. Without awareness of the road, her car moved over the highway, yet on her tail, two cars was persistently chasing up, their lights on full beam. She watched how the yellowed, yet bright light played in the droplets, showing this deluge, this flood from the sky, in apparently solitary drops.

The rain began to fall. Slow, at first, but then it steadily became faster and heavier, thus stirring typhoons in her heart and head.

With those screeching cars inching forward with her, Ruby could feel fresh drops of blood cascading down her forehead while her heart rate was dangerously skyrocketing.

"I didn't do anything wrong, assholes!" She chanted, her hands gripping the steering wheel so tightly her knuckles turned white. Her breathing was ragged and her heart was pounding, but she forced herself to calm down.

"Please, please go away..." She whispered to herself, her voice shaking.

"Fucking go away!"

But as she looked in her mirror, she could see the anger in their eyes.

"Pull the car over, little bitch!"

They were yelling at her, shaking their fists, and she knew that this was not going to end well.

"Ah, darn it..." Brushing the trickles of her crimson blood off her face, her white hands was now painted with gore. Her perception was steadily getting hazy, and so does her wounded forehead.