Chapter 3: Warning

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Rabbit Hole - Sub Urban ] «

2:03 ───────── 3:08

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

"How'd you wander so far from your home?

This is my wonderland, you don't have to fend

You can leave at any point that you wish to return

Don't try to comprehend what's inside my head

You could never

Don't try to break my fall, down this rabbit hole I (go)

Who are you? I hardly know, I should think that I would

Wake up

What a disaster to be late for my own ball

Wake up

Heart beating faster, hope the queen is rational,"

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

The most ironic thing about your first impression of me—I looked like, 'butter would melt.'

Elders at my hometown always goes around saying that I had the most beautiful, angelic features, and an air of innocence that made me seem like the kind of person who would always be happy, giddy, and bubbly—a person that will brought glee. But as they got to know me, they would slowly realized that I am anything but innocent. I have a dark side. I have a sordid past. I have a history of all things miserable and morbid.

I was born into a world of light, but my past is one of the darkness. I keep it hidden from everyone, and even buried in the deepest depths of myself, because I don't want them to see the mess I've become. It's not because I care, it's because... I simply don't.

"You are fiercely intelligent and have a sharp tongue that can cut like a knife, Ruby." That's how my adoptive deceased grandmother describe me. I don't know where my sharp tongue came from, but it is one of my most prized assets. I use it to cut through any bullshits that comes in my way.

And, I couldn't agree at her more. Especially at these times where some nosy little freaks are trying to test the boundaries of my waters...

"Look, Stefan... a newbie. Seems like a lost child finally found it's way here in Wonderland, huh?"

"We'll be getting another weak kid in these four-walls-of-mayhem. Fuckin' great way to start this semester."

"Tsk. The Headmistress surely knows incredible ways on how to successfully drop a new playmate down here in our rabbit hole."

As I walked down through the building's corridor trying to familiarize myself through the safe and dangers lurking in the place, murmurs and taunts of the students rose from side to side and echoed in my ears.