Chapter 30: Pick Your Poison

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Masquerade - Heejin, JinSoul ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 3:12

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 15 - 2027 ║

║ Friday║ 3rd Midnight of the Games ║

The foyer was dimly lit, candles flickering eerily on tables draped in black cloth. Masked guests milled about, voices hushed. An undercurrent of menace permeated the air.  

The dim lights cast eerie shadows across the room as the students sat in their assigned circles, each donning grotesque masks concealing their true identity. The room was silent except for the crackle of the candles and an ominous chanting that seemed to come from the walls themselves. 

The night air was heavy with anticipation and a strange kind of menace, like the calm before a storm, as the masked guests like me, gathered in the grand ballroom. I then realized as I rounded my gaze through the hall, that the masks seemed less like tokens of festivity now and more like the guises one wears to commit dastardly deeds under cover of night. A collective shiver ran through the gathering, part excitement, part dread of the shadows the games were inviting in.

Realization hardly hitting me, the candles flickered eerily, casting dancing shadows on the walls that seemed alive with sinister intent. 

The Headmistress paced slowly between the circles, her long black cloak dragging across the podium floor, her own face was hidden behind a golden mask, the features cruel and sinister. She said nothing as she surveyed all of us, her gaze piercing, judging. 

With it, minutes before the clock struck its hands, she proceeded to lay her lips down the microphone again, speaking in a ominous tone, "The night is young and wicked, and your masks hide our true faces yet reveal the darkness lurking within. To grandiosely commence our 3rd night of games, let me present to you the overview of rules for this night's Truth or Dare, tailored specially to fit our masquerade motif," 

True to her words, the screen behind the podium and her lit up in a dark blood - red hue — revealing the wicked rules and consequences of the game. Grimaces crossed some faces as they read the twisted demands the game would make of its players. But others leaned forward with anticipation, eyes sparkling with the thrill of danger. 

╭──────────── ⋅ ⋅ ✦❘༻༺❘✦⋅ ⋅ ────────────╮

Welcome back to the mysterious game of Truth and Dare! 

For the 3rd Midnight Masquerade, at the flick of the ticking clock, the rules below are forced to follow:

Ruby Fridaysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें