Chapter 14: Lost

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Gone - Kim Min Ji ] «

0:01 ──────── 3:48

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ K I L L I A N W I L D E' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 03 - 2027 ║

║ Sunday║ Free Day ║

The morning sun sneaks through the trees, casting an eerie shade over the school grounds. The air is chill, the grass and trees standing like proud sentinels was hovering above me as I traversed the school grounds with my friends. The few trees on the grounds swayed in the cold breeze, their rustling leaves seeming to imitate the conversations taking place around me.

Since it was our traditional free day, and even though the sun hadn't quite emerged to bring the warmth of day yet, the students were already out, their chatter and laughter ringing through the dreary morning.

The hallway filled up quickly with my fellow schoolmates, their conversations and gossips filling every inch of space, as if it was a damn life-giving energy that was absent from the previously still and silent grounds.

The sun slowly rose and the chill began to dissipate, bringing warmth to the grounds and a sense of life to our school. It was as if the cold and sinister midnight games from last night never even freaking existed.

Nevertheless, I navigated around them as I continued on our path, the friendly faces of our peers made welcome sight in the morning.

As I continued to trudged along the pathway, I can hear Maeve and Leo - my fucked up friends in these four-walls-of-mayhem, laughing and teasing me for the 'I don't give a damn reason why,' topic they have initiated. Truth to be fucking told, I actually felt embarrassed and uneasy as they walked alongside with me across the school grounds. I tried to ignore their snickering and low whispers, but it was no use.

They sure hell wouldn't let me forget my little escapade from the night before.

"So, Killian, what was it like kissing the new girl?" One of them asked me, and with it I suddenly felt my skin tingle as the vivid memories seemed to reach out to me, and I could almost feel the lingering chill and desire of last night's events.

I gritted my teeth and said nothing, feeling like the jokes was on me. I had been dared to kiss the new transferee girl, Ruby, and to my surprise, she had actually kissed me back. I wasn't sure how the extreme yet daring tumbling for event's had happened, since it came like a haze inside my fucking brain, but as I remember it fragments by fragments, I suddenly became the subject of ridicule I ventured myself.

"Oooh~ somebody's got a crush," I snickered and side eyed Leo, as I walked on, embarrassed by the situation. I had no idea what had come over me last night, but now I wished I hadn't taken that course of action last night. What must Ruby think of me now? That question was what is jiggling in my thought right now. I had no idea what Ruby thought of the situation, but the thought of me, suddenly finding myself worrying about what I just did to her... also surprises me.

As I walked away from Leo, I could feel my heart racing. Where was this sudden burst of emotion coming from? I usually march to the beat of my own drum, not caring what others feel.