Chapter 24: Abscond

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Suspicions - Mr. Reynoso ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 2:46

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 13 - 2027 ║

║ Wednesday║ Class Day ║

"Finally that fucking class ended. I can get into the warmth of my bed now..." 

Cursing like it's something to calm me off, I sauntered as the eerie glow of the fluorescent lights cast shadows across the empty hallway. I stepped out of the classroom, my mind swirling with ciphers and codes, riddles and puzzles. A feeling of unease crept over me as I walked through the deserted corridors, the silence broken only by my footsteps echoing off the walls.

The night air felt cold against my skin as I stepped outside the school building, trying to calm my nerves. All was quiet except for the distant hoot of an owl somewhere in the trees that lined the courtyard. The halls I walked every day now seemed sinister and foreboding in the dim moonlight filtering through the windows.

As my feet echoed against the tiled floor, I wondered what secrets these hallways held after dark. I had been drawn into this world with promises of knowledge and power, but I sensed a darker purpose beneath the surface.

My footsteps echoed loudly on the tiles as I made my way cautiously toward the exit, glancing over my shoulder with every step. The school felt different at night, the familiar halls now menacing and ominous. As I stepped outside into the cool night air, I can't help but to breath a sigh of relief. 

Finally, another class completed, another step closer to mastering the Professor's twisted lessons. And although the sinister classes from him never seemed to end, still night after night, I attended, learning the dark arts of cryptography from that strange Professor.

His teachings dwelled in the shadows of knowledge, revealing secrets that most would do well to remain ignorant of. I had come to this school seeking wisdom, but with each new lesson I wondered what dark bargain I had truly made. The Professor watched me carefully, his eyes seeming to see straight into my soul. 

But I couldn't help wondering — what game was he really playing? 

The dim hallway seemed to stretch on forever as I made my way to my next class. My thoughts drifted back to the grisly lesson we had just finished on. My mind wandered for a couple of minutes and times, thinking of the dark subjects I had study and venture out this day. Indeed, human nature could be so vile at times.

As I turned the corner, I gasped silently as I suddenly saw a face familiar to my senses — Serene Lanthe, my roommate. I spotted her walking briskly ahead of me, probably not much aware of my presence. Her blonde ponytail bobbed as she walked, but something seemed off about her. Her normally calm demeanor was replaced with an edginess that caught my attention.