45

I heard faint beeping and talking but I was way too tired to open my eyes. "Ok, we'll fly back. I'll give you two as much time as you need." I heard Hotch's voice.

"Thank you."

"JJ...are you alright?"

"No."

"She's going to be ok."

"I hope so." I heard Hotch walk away and I heard JJ move her chair closer to me. "I would get on the bed but I don't want to wake you up." Her voice was shaking. "I'm really sorry Cam...so many things have happened to you since you've joined the team. Im just really glad that you're ok. I don't know what I would've done if I had lost you."

"Agent Jareau...I think it might be best to give her some time alone." An unfamiliar voice came from the other side of the room.

"She's my fiancée, and she's sleeping. It's ok if I'm here."

"Alright." I heard footsteps walk away and I finally opened my eyes so that I could get some alone time with JJ.

"Oh my God you're awake!" JJ whispered excitedly, grabbing my hand.

"Hi." She pressed a button to sit up my hospital bed. "How long have I been asleep?"

"A little over a day. Do you need water or anything?"

"No. What even happened?"

"You don't remember anything?"

"I remember getting shot and up until I went unconscious...but did they get there in time?" She took a deep breath.

"You were dead for a minute." She admitted.

"Really? That's a cool story."

"No, no it's not Cam. I thought I had lost you."

"I'm sorry." My heart broke as I realized what pain she must have been going through for that minute. I have no idea what I would do if JJ died. If we broke up it would be really hard but I would at least know that she was alive. But if she was dead the only thing I would have left were memories.

"Don't ever get shot again."

"I'll try not to."

"You promise?"

"Yes. I promise." I held my pinky out and I linked our pinkies for a pinky promise. She kissed my hand and I sighed.

"Are you ok? Do you need anything?"

"Water would be nice."

"Ok." She got up and came back a minute later with some water. I gulped it down and then stared ahead at the wall.

"When am I cleared to go?"

"You can leave tonight. But I think you should stay longer." I shook my head.

"I want to get back to the Bureau."

"You need to take a break. You were shot. Twice. You can't come back until you're cleared to come back. That will be at least a month."

"You're not serious."

"Dead serious." She grabbed my hand again and kissed it.

"I'm gonna be so bored." I sighed.

"Well...Hotch said that I could stay with you. He said as much time as we needed. So I'll be able to spend some time with you."

"Oh yeah?" I smirked and she blushed.

"Yeah. We'll have a lot of free time."

"I can come up with a couple of things that we could do."

"Me too...I was gonna tell you earlier but...I got a couple new things."

"Really?" She nodded and I felt a wave of arousal wash over me. Goddammit why did I have to be injured right now. "I can't wait to get home."

"Me neither baby."

"I love you. Can you come up here?"

"I love you too...won't that hurt?"

"No. Don't they have me on painkillers?" She nodded and climbed on the bed next to me, lying on her stomach propped up on her elbows while staring into my eyes. "You're really pretty. I'm glad I can see your face again."

"Aww." She pecked my lips and pushed my hair out of my face.

"Getting shot is off of my bucket list now. I can say that I do not recommend it."

"It was on your bucket list?"

"FBI bucket list." She laughed and kissed me again.

"Get better soon so that we can go home."

"I will. I promise."