4

Two days had passed and we hadn't been able to find a single place in Brooklyn that fit the description. "The only explanation is that he's somewhere outside of Brooklyn and he's taking women from Brooklyn to hide their tracks." Morgan said, everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Unless it's in a basement." I told him.

"It's Brooklyn. No one has a house with a basement. It's all apartments and pent houses." Morgan said.

"Those buildings have basements." Everyone looked at each other when they heard what I said.

"So what do we do, search every basement in apartment buildings?" Morgan asked.

"No. We look for workers with criminal records that work in an apartment building. They would have access to the basement 24/7 and no one would question them going down there." Everyone nodded and Morgan called Garcia. I walked out of the conference room and went to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and leaned on the sink. "We have to find that dipshit." I whispered to myself. I pulled my shirt up a little bit so that I could see the scar. It was thin but long. I didn't have any information on this man. That's why I haven't said anything to anyone. I had no idea where I was taken. Or what he sounded like. How tall he was. I just remember the feeling.

"Camden, it's JJ. Garcia found a few people." I opened the door and walked past her. "Have you been crying?"

"No." I kept walking and went back to the conference room.

"We found 4 people who matched the description." Morgan said.

"Look at people who do night shifts." I told him.

"That narrows it down to 1. Harold Kimber." Morgan shut the laptop and everyone got ready to move.

"JJ and Frost, stay here for communication." Hotch ordered. JJ was about to protest but then looked at me and nodded.

"You did a good job interviewing Lauren." JJ told me as we sat down.

"Thank you." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"There's something you're not telling us. I'm no profiler but I can tell when people are lying." She crossed her arms and leaned back.

"Well...you're wrong I'm not hiding anything from you." I told her.

"Did he do something to you?" She whispered. I just stared at her and shrugged.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Did the man we're going after do something to you?" I shook my head.

"I hadn't even heard of the guy until this case and when I saw his identification." She nodded, but I could tell that she still didn't believe me.

"I know that you don't want everyone to know that you're stressed out. But...it's ok that things like this stress you out. No one would expect you to be calm about this." She said in a soft voice.

"No offense JJ but...you've only known me for 3 days. You don't know anything about me." I spun my chair around until I was dizzy. "What are we supposed to do here, why couldn't we come?"

"For communication with the police department." I just nodded, not really buying it. Her cell phone started ringing and she answered it.

The call only lasted a few seconds but JJ smiled when the call ended. "They got him." I smiled and felt a weight leave my chest.

"That's great!" I stood up and put my hands behind my head, interlacing my fingers. "Thank God." I leaned down on the table and smiled widely at JJ.

"It feels good doesn't it?" She asked.

"Yeah, it really does."