22

A week had passed. I woke up to the smell of waffles, but I heard my phone ring so I picked it up. "Is this Cam?" I heard a small girls voice.

"Yes, who is this?"

"I'm Maddy."

"Oh hey Maddy, how are you." I said, glad that she finally called me. But wondering why.

"My dad kicked me out." My heart dropped.

"I'm so sorry honey, why?"

"The guy who took me for me pregnant." I felt like throwing up.

"Do you have anyplace to go?" I asked her.

"No." She was starting to cry.

"You can come here. With me." I told her. "I'll send people to get you, we can arrange a time, it's gonna be ok."

"Thank you. Thank you." She sniffed.

"Anytime. Do you have a safe place to stay the night."

"Yeah. My friends house. But my dad says he wants me out of the city."

"I'll arrange for someone to pick you up. You're gonna be ok. Just message me the date and time. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you so much." She said before she hung up. I dropped my phone on the floor and got up shakily. I walked to the kitchen and saw JJ dancing around while making waffles happily.

"Hey beautiful, how did you sleep?" She asked.

"Um..."

"What happened?"

"Maddy is um...Maddy is going to stay here for a little bit." I told her, she nodded and hugged me.

"Do you know why?"

"Her dad kicked her out and she's pregnant. With her kidnappers child." I felt her body tense up but I relaxed at her touch.

"She'll be safe here."

"Yeah I know." She rubbed my back and tried to pull away but I didn't let her.

"Do you need anything?"

"Cuddles. Waffles." I said.

"Coming right up." She let go of me and put some waffles on a plate. She put some fruit on them and whipped cream. She got some for herself and then we sat down on the couch. She lied down on the couch and I lied down in between her legs. We ate our waffles and then she hugged me tightly, rocking me back and forth. "What do you want?"

"Cuddles."

"I know...but what way?" I got up and walked to the bedroom. She followed me and she lied down on the bed, opening her arms. I crawled next to her and she turned over. I snuggled as close as I could to her and she put her arms around me. "I know what you're thinking."

"What?"

"You're reliving your trauma in your head. Thankful that you never got pregnant but feeling bad that you're feeling that way because Maddy did." I sighed and looked into JJ's eyes. "Am I right?" She looked down at my lips, kissing them softly. I nodded and tangled our legs together. "What do I need to do to get your mind off of it?" I shrugged and she kissed my forehead.

"How many rape cases have you had?" I asked her.

"More than I can count." I nodded. "What is it?" She asked sympathetically.

"They actually came forward. They came forward and you were able to help before anyone else got hurt. I didn't come forward JJ. If I had come forward those other girls wouldn't have gotten hurt." She shook her head.

"Don't do that to yourself."

"I'm sorry. Ok I'm going to tell you something, please don't get mad at me." She nodded. "Sometimes...when we have sex...um...I go back there in my mind. That's why sometimes I'm so out of it afterwards."

"When?"

"When we're having sex."

"Yeah but what kind of sex? Life soft...rough-"

"Rough." I told her.

"Ok. We won't do that anymore." She said in a definitive voice. "I don't want you to have to go back there. And I don't want you to associate sex with it whenever we have sex." She whispered. I nodded and reached for her hand.

"I wanted to tell you but I didn't know if you would be mad."

"Baby, I wouldn't be mad. We just have to communicate these things. Especially with what you've gone through." I nodded and she pressed her lips against my forehead. "I just really want you to be happy." I was about to cry. I loved this girl so much.

"Me too."