5 ⚠️

⚠️ EXPLICIT MENTION OF RAPE ⚠️

It had been a week since we found the serial rapist and I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I was so glad that we put him away, but...no one knew what he did to me other than Lauren and it was killing me to not talk about it. It happened six years ago. I'm certain I was his first victim. Everyone had left except for JJ, but she was just now leaving. "You should go home soon Cam."

"JJ..." I trailed off, making it more awkward. She turned around from the door and looked at me. She told me if I need to talk, that I could talk to her.

"What?"

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" She nodded and looked up at her office.

"Up there?" I nodded and she gave me a concerned look before leading me up to her office. "What do you wanna talk about?" She leaned against her desk with her arms crossed.

"I um...I've only told one person this."

"Lauren?"

"How did you know?"

"I just know." She smiled softly and waited for me to start talking.

"Um...I was the first person. I was the first person he did it to." I told her, my voice shaking. "I know I should've told you guys since we were investigating him but I never saw him. I never heard him. I didn't know what the room looked like, I was blindfolded. I don't remember what the car looked like. I just remember it hurt." She nodded and uncrossed her arms, walking towards me.

"Why have you never told anyone?"

"I tried. No one believed me. I told them I was raped and they sent me away. Didn't even want the full story." She nodded and I bit my inner cheek. "I'm sorry I shouldn't be telling you this, I should be telling a therapist." She shook her head and put her hand on my arm.

"No, you can talk to me. I promise." I nodded and looked at her.

"He um...he stripped me naked, then blindfolded me. My back was to him the whole time. He forced me down onto my knees and opened my mouth. He um...I'm sorry." I put my hand over my mouth,

"It's ok." She gave me a reassuring look while staring into my eyes.

"He uh...you know what he did." She shook her head.

"Tell me. Talking about it is good."

"He put it in my mouth, and held my hair so I couldn't resist. He only did that for a few seconds. I remember feeling like I had to throw up but I couldn't even control my body." She nodded and rubbed my arm comfortingly, caressing it with her thumb.

"Do you wanna keep talking?" I nodded.

"Then he picked me up and put me down on a cold metal table. My legs were dangling off the edge and I remember feeling him slip inside of me, and then a sharp pain in my stomach." She nodded. "It hurt so bad. I was screaming but no one could hear it. I...he took something out of me and finished at the same time." I tensed up at the memory and she pulled me in for a hug. "It hurt so bad." I barely even realized I was sobbing. I was holding onto her for dear life and she was just rocking me back and forth while stroking my hair.

"It's ok. You're safe now. I got you." She whispered into my ear.

"I have nightmares about it every night." I told her. I felt her nod and I buried my face into her shoulder.

"I don't think you should be alone tonight." She told me.

"I don't wanna be alone tonight." I pulled away and wiped my tears off of my face.

"You can stay with me. It's not far. I can drive you." I nodded and smiled at her. She smiled back and put her hand on my back before guiding me to her car. I let out a loud sigh as I sat down in her passenger seat.

"JJ?" I looked over at her with tears still shining in my eyes.

"What?"

"Thank you."

"Anytime."