25

I woke up to the sound of beeping. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the hospital. "What the fuck?" I whispered.

"You're awake!" I heard JJ's voice and I calmed down. I felt her hand on mine and I squeezed as tight as I could without wincing, which wasn't very tight. "Are you ok?"

"My stomach really hurts."

"Yeah...they had to do surgery."

"Why? What happened?"

"Cuts in your stomach, pieces of random...things got stuck in your stomach and they had to get it out." She told me.

"Did they ask about the scar?" She shook her head.

"I'm so glad you're ok." She kissed my hand and I tried to sit up. "Hey, don't try to move, I'll sit you up." She pressed a button and the hotel bed started to sit up.

"How long was I out?"

"18 hours. The rest of the team had to go work on another case-"

"Shouldn't you go with them?"

"I'm staying with you." She told me definitively. "There's something you should know."

"What?"

"The rest of the team saw us kiss...and they know."

"Ok...were they mad?"

"No, they were just relieved actually. Glad that we finally got together-"

"But we've been together."

"Yeah, but they don't know that." She moved closer to me and put her hand on my arm. "I've missed you."

"Do you know when I can leave?"

"2 days."

"Did they find the bastard?"

"Yeah...they did." She stared into my eyes lovingly before she kissed me.

"Good. I love you." She smiled against my lips and then kissed my forehead.

"I love you too."

"I wanna get up." She shook her head and held me down.

"You might tear your stitches."

"Stitches? Great. Now I'll have even more scars on my stomach."

"It's not a bad thing."

"They look weird."

"Hey. Don't say that." She scolded.

"Sorry." She kissed my hand again and then rubbed my leg. "Is there anything I can do when Im just laying here?"

"No. Not really."

"Do you think this bed could fit 2 people?" She smiled and nodded. I moved over so she could climb into the bed. She lied on her side and put her hand on my chest, laying her head down on the pillow. "I'm glad you stayed with me."

"Of course. I would never leave." She kissed my cheek and I blushed.

"How is Maddy? Does she know what happened?"

"Garcia is taking care of her, and all she knows is that you're in the hospital." I nodded and took a deep breath. "Are you ok?"

"I almost died. So no...not really." She nodded and kissed my cheek again. "What case are they working on?"

"Another kidnapping." I nodded and turned my head, kissing her lips.

"I missed you."

"You were asleep and I was holding your hand."

"But I wasn't able to talk to you...or hug you..." She laughed and kissed me again passionately.

"I missed you too baby." She kept kissing me until I had to pull away for air. "I can hug you now." She said, putting her arm over my torso and snuggling her head into my neck. "It's not the same when you're not the one doing it." She whispered.

"I know. I wish I could turn over." She kissed my neck down to my collarbone and then up to my lips. "JJ! They have cameras in here!" I said in a whisper.

"So? We're just kissing." She said in between kisses on my jawline. "Do you want me to stop?"

"No." I breathed out. I felt her smile against my skin and I reached for her hand. I found it quickly and I squeezed it. "I actually really need to pee. How do I do that?"

"You don't know how to pee?" She pulled away and started laughing.

"Am I allowed to get up or do I have to pee the bed?"

"You can get up. Here, take my hand." I winced as I got up off the bed.

"Hey it's not that bad. I could leave the hospital today." She shook her head and I rolled my eyes.

"We gotta make sure you're back to normal."

"I'm walking and peeing. That's pretty normal."

"Ok smartass."

"I love you." I kissed her cheek as we walked into the bathroom.

"I love you more."

"Not possible."