9

We had all traveled across the country to San Francisco for a serial killer case. We doubled up in our rooms this time, since JJ wasn't able to convince the higher ups that it was worth the money to get so many rooms. So naturally, I stayed with JJ.

I was taking a quick shower before I went to bed, not being able to get the case out of my head. "Are you almost done in there, I want to go to bed." JJ said, knocking on the door.

"Be patient." I said. "Oh shit JJ can you get me my t shirt?" I asked her.

"Yeah sure." I heard her footsteps walk away and then come back before walking into the bathroom. "Don't worry, my eyes are closed."

"It's ok. Thank you." I grabbed the t-shirt and pulled it on before following JJ out of the room. "What time is it?"

"11:09." I jumped into the bed next to her, grabbing my book from the night stand. "What? I thought you were going to go to bed?" I shrugged and she knocked the book out of my hand, climbing on top of me. I felt my body heat up and I looked down to see her smiling at me. "You need to get some rest." She tucked my hair behind my ears and kissed my forehead.

"JJ..." I breathed out.

"What?" I looked down at my hands and started playing with my fingers. She climbed off of me and put her hand in my arm. "Cam?"

"Um...do you wanna maybe...get some...um-" She cut me off by kissing my lips. I was taken aback but I immediately kissed back.

We kissed for a few minutes until she climbed on top of me again, kissing me passionately. My hands grabbed her upper back and pulled her down closer to me. I moaned against her lips and then she started to kiss down my neck. I moaned her name and tangled my hands in her hair. "JJ...kiss me again." I mumbled. She kissed back up my neck to my lips and then slipped her hand under my shirt, tracing the line of my scar. She stopped kissing me and then kissed my forehead. I sat up and gave her a worried look. No one had ever touched that.

"It's ok." She whispered, running her thumb over the scar slowly.

"We can go to sleep now." I told her. She nodded and rolled off of me. I turned to face her like I do every night.

"By the way. I would like to grab coffee with you sometime." I smiled to her and then closed my eyes. She put her arm over me and pulled me close to her. I fell asleep within a few minutes.

I woke up from a nightmare again like I do almost every night. I moved closer to JJ and curled into a ball. "Why are you awake?" She mumbled. "Was it another nightmare."

"Yeah." I rolled over onto my back and she propped herself up on her elbow.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Yeah." I nodded and looked at her. "I was at a coffee shop. With this really pretty blonde girl-"

"That was your nightmare?" She sounded offended. "You were the one who offered!" We both laughed and she messed up my hair. "But seriously, do you want to talk about it?"

"JJ, it's 4 in the morning I can tell you about it later if I want but right now I just want to sleep." She nodded and I turned back over so she could pull me closer to her. "Good night JJ."

"Good night."