38

I was having a bad day at work and it was noticeable to everyone. "Are you ok Cam?" Spencer asked me from across the desk.

"No...but I'll go talk to JJ." He nodded and I got up and walked up the stairs, knocking on the door of JJ's office. We had been engaged for a month now and I got more excited to get married every single day. She was on a phone call when I walked in. She looked at me and waved and I sat down on the new couch she had gotten and waited for her to get off the phone.

She got off the phone a few minutes later and sighed loudly. "JJ can I talk-"

"I'm sorry I'm really busy right now." She said, standing up and walking out of the room. I closed my mouth and watched her leave.

I waited for her to come back for a few minutes and by this point my lip was trembling as I tried not to cry. She walked in a few seconds later and sat back down on her desk, immediately going back to work. "JJ I really need to-"

"I'm sorry Cam. I really need to work right now."

"Ok...can I stay in here?" She nodded and I pulled my knees up to my chin, hugging them. "Do you know when your next break is?"

"Like half an hour."

"Can I have a hug?" She nodded and I got up, walking over to her. She didn't take her eyes off of her work and gave me a side hug while still sitting in her chair. I felt a tear run down my cheek and I sniffed. I walked away from her and sat down in the break room. I held my head in my hands as I fought back tears.

"Are you ok Cam?" Emily asked as she walked in.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I blinked away tears as she walked over to me.

"Do you want me to get JJ?" Yeah but she really didn't give a shit right now. I shook my head. "Do you wanna talk?" I shook my head again and she walked away.

30 minutes later JJ walked in, grabbing something from the fridge. She sat down in front of me and I looked away from her. "Do you want any?" JJ offered some of her yogurt to me. I shook my head and rested my head on my fist. "Have you eaten anything?" I shrugged and got up to walk away, but she grabbed my arm. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'll be in your office." She nodded and then I waited for her up there, lying down on her couch.

"Hey." She breathed out when she walked back in.

"Hi." I sighed, sniffing. She looked back down at her papers and I felt my heart break a little bit. "I think I'm gonna go home."

"Why?" She finally tore her eyes away from her files to look at me.

"I don't feel good." I sighed and sat up.

"Are you sick?" I shook my head and put my face in my hands. "Then what's wrong?"

"I'm just having a bad day." My voice cracked and she walked over to me, sitting down beside me.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I tried. You were too busy with work."

"Baby, I'm sorry." She kissed my cheek and held my head against her chest as I started to sob.

"I wanted to talk to you but you were too busy."

"I'm sorry baby, do you wanna talk now?" I nodded and wiped my tears away. "What's bugging you?"

"I just have no motivation today and everything is making me really sad and I really need you right now. I feel like something bad is going to happen and I just need a break and need to be with you." She nodded and tucked my hair behind my ears.

"Don't go home, stay with me. I'll do my work over here. You can watch me and I'll stay with you, ok?" I nodded and she brought her laptop over to me and I sat between her legs. She kissed the top of my head and started working while occasionally kissing my shoulder and caressing my thighs. I was so lucky to have her.