43

I was back at work and I had to do all of the files that I had missed for the past week. The stack was at least a foot high and I was really stressed out. I only had a couple hours left to do everything and I didn't want to have to stay overtime. "I can do some of that for you." Spencer said. I shook my head, wanting to carry my own weight. "You sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure." I could feel that he was still looking at me and it was making me a little uncomfortable.

"Hey beautiful." JJ said as she walked by.

"Hey."

"Wanna take a break up in my office?"

"No I have to finish this."

"Are you sure? There's a lot of files there."

"JJ I don't need a break, ok?" I breathed out, resting my elbows on my desk. Spencer stood up and walked away, I watched as he left and then took a deep breath as JJ leaned against my desk, crossing her arms.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah...I just have a lot of work to do." She nodded but still didn't leave. "JJ...I'm fine."

"Why don't you do the work up in my office?" I nodded, not wanting her to press anymore. I took the huge stack of files and walked up the stairs into her office.

I lied down on her couch and did the paperwork. It was a lot easier to focus without all the sounds to distract me. "Have you eaten today?" She asked me randomly.

"No. Too busy." I breathed out once my stomach growled.

"Ok, I'm gonna go pick something up. What do you want?"

"JJ I need to finish these files. I don't have time to eat!" I exclaimed.

"I already told you to never skip meals for work." She scolded. "Why are you so obsessed with doing all of these today? You can do them tomorrow, even it out."

"No, I need to do it today."

"Hey, stop working and look at me." I sighed and turned to her. "Take a break. You don't need to do everything today."

"No but I do."

"Why?"

"I've been gone for a week and I need to catch up. I don't want people to think that I can't do my job and that I always need help from other people!"

"Cam, no one thinks that! Everyone needs a few days off sometimes, it's ok!" She sat down next to me and I rolled my eyes.

"Not as much as I have."

"Well they haven't gone what you've gone through. You just need different circumstances to do your job well and succeed, it's ok." She put her hand on my thigh and I put my hand over hers. "Just take a break and breathe, ok?" I nodded and took a deep breath. "I'm going to go get you a sandwich, it'll be ok. Do not touch those when I'm gone, you need a break." She stood up and walked the files over to her desk.

"Ok."

She came back 15 minutes later with a Jimmy John's sandwich. "Oh my God I love you so much!" I said as she sat down next to me. I took a bite of the sandwich and she kissed my cheek.

"I love you too. But I think you love that sandwich more than me."

"Yeah." I agreed. She put her hand over her heart.

"Ouch."

"It's nothing personal." I joked.

"You're gonna pay for that." I laughed and kissed her once I swallowed my food. "You can get back to your work after you're gone. But I just wanted you to take a break."

"Thank you."

"Of course baby." She kissed my cheek again and walked back over to her desk. I leaned back on the couch and continued to eat. "Oh damn."

"What?"

"We need to go to Tennessee for a case."