1

It was my first day on the job at the Quantico BAU Unit. It was honestly terrifying. I had no friends in this unit and I didn't know whether or not they would like me. "Hey! Are you Frost?" A tall man with black hair and a straight face walked up to me. I was snapped out of my thoughts and I just nodded.

"Your desk is right here." I nodded and set my box of things down on the desk, right across from a guy with messy brown hair.

"I'm Spencer. Spencer Reid." He said, standing up to shake my hand.

"Camden. Camden Frost." I told him, I shook his hand. "Most people just call me Cam."

"Welcome to the team Cam." I smiled warmly at him and he sat back down.

"I'm Aaron, Hotchner. That's Derek Morgan, Emily Prentiss, Dave Rossi, Penelope Garcia, and that is Jennifer Jareau." Hotchner pointed to a blonde lady up in an office. I nodded and sat down.

"Do we just...wait for calls?" I asked him.

"Pretty much. You're new here so you don't have much to do. When something happens we all gather up there." He pointed to a conference room. I just nodded, not knowing what to say.

"Thank you." He nodded and scanned the room before walking away. I looked back to JJ. She looked really pretty. I felt Spencer looking at me and I sat down.

"She is really pretty." He told me, fiddling with the Rubik's Cube on his desk. I nodded again and started putting all of my things in place. "I can introduce you to her if you want." He offered, setting the Rubik's Cube down.

"Oh...yeah...sure." I smiled and stood up, following him up to her room.

He knocked on the door before walking in. "Hey Reid." She said, looking intently at her files.

"Hey, the um...the new team member is here." He told her. She looked up and smiled at me warmly, standing up and walking over to me to shake my hand. I went to turn to Reid but he was gone.

"He does that sometimes." She told me. "I'm Jennifer Jareau. My friends call me JJ."

"I'm Camden Frost. My friends call me Cam."

"Well, welcome to the team Cam. Let me know if you need anything." I smiled and she walked back to her seat.

"Thanks JJ." I turned around and walked back to my desk.

"Someone's smiley." I heard someone say. I turned to my right and saw Spencer.

"Oh...it's nothing." I told him.

"I'm a profiler. I can tell if someone has a crush." He raised his eyebrows and I nodded.

"She's pretty...just don't tell anyone...ok? I don't know if they-"

"No one here cares. It's part of our job to not discriminate. If we have biases it turns the focus away from the facts." He picked up his Rubik's Cube and walked away. I sat down at my desk and looked over at JJ again. I saw that she was looking at me but quickly turned away. I smiled to myself and looked down at my desk, trying to get accustomed to my surroundings. I closed my eyes for a second but then snapped them back open. Never. Let your guard down. Never. I looked around quickly and saw that everyone was just at their desks.

"Frost...is everything ok?" I turned around and saw Hotchner behind me.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." He scanned me up and down and then nodded before walking away. Does he not have any emotions. I exhaled loudly and started writing things down on a sheet of paper.

"What are you writing?" Spencer asked me. I crumpled up the paper and kept my eyes on the desk.

"Nothing." I felt him linger for a second before walking away again. I saw my brown hair fall off of my shoulders and I brushed it back again, not letting it guard my vision.

"Everyone. Conference Room now. We got a case. It's a bad one."