23

Maddy had arrived in D.C. and she decided that she didn't want the baby. So we were taking her to an abortion clinic. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" JJ asked her.

"Yes." Maddy said, bouncing her leg.

"It's ok. This time tomorrow you won't have to worry about in anymore." I told her. She nodded and held my hand.

"Maddy Lowe." The doctor called out. JJ and I weren't allowed to go in there so we just had to wait until they were done.

"Wanna get coffee, down the street? It'll only take an hour." JJ told me.

"Yeah sure." Caffeine called me down anyways. I grabbed her hand and we walked down to the coffee shop on the corner. I got a small iced coffee and sat down at a table in the corner with JJ. "Who is she going to stay with?" I asked JJ.

"Us." JJ said. I just shook my head. "I thought you wanted her to stay with us."

"For a little bit...but I mean long term." She tilted her head.

"What?"

"I can't raise a kid."

"Well I'm here to help you."

"I know...I'm just not in a very good place mentally and I can't handle that and a kid...and I don't want her to witness that...we can't keep her." She nodded and grabbed my hand.

"We can see if Prentiss is ok with it. She's always wanted a kid and Maddy wants her. That way she'll be with someone we both know and trust and we can see her." I nodded in agreement.

"So when do we ask Emily?"

"Soon. Not now but probably in the next week if you're sure you don't wanna keep her."

"It's not that I don't wanna keep her...I just. It's not fair to do that, when I'm not emotionally available like that." She nodded and kissed my hand.

"It's ok."

"I know." I whispered, taking a sip of my coffee. "How long has it been?"

"Ten minutes." I nodded and continued to drink my coffee.

"You're the love of my life. You know that right?" I asked her.

"I'm happy to be of service." She said while smiling. "What do you want to do tonight?" I shrugged and finished my coffee. "Come on...you gotta think of something."

"I just wanna be witn you."

"I'm flattered." She leaned across the table to kiss me. "We're limited since we got a kid in the apartment..." She trailed off and I blushed.

"Can we cuddle?"

"Yeah." She nodded and we threw away our coffee. "I had no idea you loved physical affection so much."

"Oh God no, I hate being touched." I said. "But you're the exception." I grabbed her hand and she kissed my cheek as we walked back to the abortion clinic.

"Oh shit. Shit shit shit." She said when she checked her phone. "We have to go. There was a bombing in Ohio. They requested the teams assistance."

"But what about Maddy?"

"I don't know."

"Should we keep her at the office with Garcia?" She nodded and called Garcia.

"Hey Garcia...how do you feel about taking care of a 12 year old girl for a few days while we go to Cleveland?" I heard excited screaming on the other line so I took that as a yes.

15 minutes later Maddy's appointment was over. We told her we were going to drop her off at the office and she could spend time with Garcia. "I love Garcia!" She exclaimed. "I'm gonna miss you guys though." She said quickly after. I messed up her hair and we stepped out of the car. We rushed up to the top where Garcia met us excitedly. JJ and I rushed back down to the jet and met the rest of the team.

"What took you guys so long?" Morgan asked us.

"Maddy had a doctor appointment." I said hurriedly, sitting next to JJ on the plane.

We landed an hour later.