12

The next day when we pulled into work Reid knew something had happened. "Oh God please do not put me through an interrogation." I sighed and put my stuff down.

"What happened?"

"None of your business."

"Come on! I'm really good at keeping secrets!" He pressed.

"My personal relationship is none of your business." I retorted. "Shoot, JJ took my coffee." I walked back up to her office and grabbed my coffee.

"Oh sorry." She said, I nodded and walked out. "You're not gonna say anything?"

"What am I supposed to say?" I asked her.

"Come work up here."

"Reid keeps asking me questions he's gonna be-"

"Even more of a reason to work up here." I thought about it for a second and then nodded.

"I'll get my laptop." She smiled and I walked downstairs, grabbing my laptop and a few files before walking back upstairs. JJ had closed the blinds and made space for me on her desk. I pulled up one of her extra chairs and sat down right next to her. "Why did you close the blinds?"

"I just thought we could use a little privacy." She told me, still staring at her files. I opened my computer and started filling out some reports.

An hour had passed and no one had said anything. I looked over to JJ and she looked really concentrated but her body was completely relaxed. I turned back to my computer and closed it. I was gonna open some of my files but I felt her lips on my cheek. "Hey JJ." I said while smiling.

"Hey. Are you done with your reports?" She asked me. I nodded and pushed my laptop away. "Wanna take a little break?"

"Um...sure." She nodded and propped her legs up on her desk.

"How are you feeling today?" She asked me.

"Why?" I stared at her desk and bounced my leg.

"Well...last night. It was the first time you had ever had consensual sex." She said in a low voice.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sure you've thought about it. Are you ok with it?" I shrugged.

"I'm ok with it. I'm honestly relieved." I told her. "Not like it was something I wanted to get over with...I just actually never imagined myself ever having sex because I'm so traumatized by what happened. I mean I'm just...I'm really glad that..."

"What?"

"I'm really glad that I did it with you." She smiled widely and I blushed, embarrassed at the confession. "You're just...you make me feel really safe...JJ. I've never felt that way before, anywhere or with anyone." I continued.

"I'm happy to be of service." She smiled and I laughed. "Do you want to go out to eat tomorrow night?" She asked me.

"Like a date?"

"Yeah. You can think about it that way." She had a glint in her eye that made me really excited.

"Yeah I'm up for it. You're driving though." She laughed and I moved closer to her.

"Ok. It's a surprise though and please don't ask me a million times. I won't give in." I nodded.

"Fine." I leaned in to give her a quick kiss on the lips before Hotch knocked on the door.

"JJ can you send me over those files that just came through? Agent Frost, why aren't you working at your desk?"

"Oh she said she works better in here and I have no problem sharing the space with her." JJ said quickly. I nodded in agreement. "I can send you over those files." He nodded and closed the door. I let out a deep breath and moved back to where I was originally.

"That was a close one."

"He won't care." JJ said softly.

"Yeah...I know...just. Um I'm gonna go back to my desk I need to work on something with Spencer." She didn't say anything but I knew she was going to ask me a bunch of questions later.

"What happened up there?" He asked me.

"I did all of my reports."

"Did you get some loving time with JJ?" He asked me in a low voice. I shook my head. "Oh. Boring."

"Yup." I got back to my work and waited for our date the next night.