I ignored his question and let him continue talking. "I thought that a weekend away from this all would be better than a weekend of stress. I knew that you would be mad at me for not telling you, but that was a risk I had to take. I'm so damn in love with you, Ava. I can't stand to watch you self-destruct. I just have this overwhelming need to protect you, sweetheart. I need to and I can't help it." His voice broke at the end and I looked up to see his head in his hands. He took a shaky breath before looking up at me. His eyes were bloodshot and I couldn't believe how scared he looked.

"I'm not here to harm you, Ava. You know how much I love you. I want everything that is best for you, sweetheart. All of the things your parents did to you sicken me so much that I don't want you around them. I know they're your parents and all, but it's not a healthy relationship for you to have. They keep beating you up physically and emotionally and I can't stand to watch it happen again. Although I don't want to, if you would like to go to jail and see your parents this weekend, I'll come with you."

"No," I sighed and reached forward to touch Zayn's shoulder. His compassion had won my heart; even though before I was completely against him, I understood where he was coming from. My hand made contact with his shirt and I felt him sigh and lean against my touch. "I forgive you, Zayn and I'm sorry that I was...irrational..."

"Baby, don't apologize," He said and suddenly moved up the bed so we were facing each other. He leaned forward hesitantly and pressed his lips to mine. A surge of electricity shot through me as our lips connected. The innocent kiss was pulled away a second later when Zayn felt the coldness of my arms. "You're freezing, sweetheart. What's wrong?"

"I...um...went for a run and then clean the house up a little bit so it's just my skin that's cold..." I shrugged. He scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion but didn't question what I had said. His lips found my cheek and he kissed it quickly before pulling me into a tight hug.

"I love you, Ava Burns," He sighed into my ear as tingles shot down my spine. He rubbed my back slowly and sighed into my arms.

"I love you, Zayn Malik," I blushed and kissed his cheek sweetly.

We stayed holding each other for a few more minutes before we both decided that it was best if we went home. I didn't really want to stay in the house with all of the negative memories associated with it for any longer. I wanted to go back to his house and make love until the next morning.

I felt completely renewed after being in Zayn's arms. I was full of energy and was no longer mad at him. I was absolutely starved and Zayn could hear the grumblings of my stomach. Before we left for his house, Zayn ordered pizza so that it would be there at around the same time we would be.

His hand held tightly onto mine as we walked down the stairs silently. "Did you really clean the house up?" I wasn't sure if he was asking me because he didn't believe me or because it didn't look clean. From what I had seen, it looked like a whole new house, but from what Zayn had seen, some work still needed to be one.

"Yeah, a little bit. I didn't like seeing all of the old food and everything. It smelled kinda funky as well," I shrugged as he opened the front door of the house. He nodded with a chuckle as we walked down to his car.

"I'll drive you home and then we can come here in the morning before school to get your car," He said as he held open the car door for me. Home. He called his house home for both of us. I was glad to be going home.

"Do I have to go to school?" I frowned and he nodded with a laugh before shutting the door. "It's not like you're my parent..." I groaned when he got into the driver's side. I had a stressful day and the last thing I wanted was to go into my own personal hell the next day.

Zayn and I would probably be up all night doing various activities so maybe if I cuffed him to the bed he couldn't make me go...

"I mean...I do spank you sometimes," he winked as he started up the engine.

"Okay, daddy..." I winked and felt myself get warm between my legs. I was craving him. I needed him. Even after such an emotional situation I couldn't hide my craving. I looked over at him and he had a sly smile on his face. He didn't say another word as the heat kicked on.

Zayn slowly pulled out of the driveway and started driving back to his house. I watched him as he drove and I couldn't understand how he looked so beautiful doing such a simple task. He held my hand the entire way and didn't let go until we reached his house. He got outside of the car and opened the door for me before pushing me against it. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

"I forgive you," I smiled as my lips brushed his. He kissed me sweetly before taking my hand and leading me inside.

AN: Sorry for the long wait!!! I was on vacation and I'm leaving for college in ten days so it's pretty crazy right now. I barely have time to breathe!!

Please comment and vote!!! I really, really appreciate each one and they make me sooo happy. Thanks for reading and I love each and every one of you. xx