Part 3: chapter 15

Fifth year

"I did it!" Sebastian yelled in the library as Ominis and I studied.

The librarian shushed him from across the room as Ominis jumped. "Did what?" He hissed.

"I learned a new spell." Sebastian put his hands on his hips and stood triumphantly. "Would you like to see?"

"Does this one involve fire? Last time you taught Ava a spell involving fire she almost burnt my robes." Ominis closed his notebook.

"I said I was sorry," I pouted. "I would like to see it though." I smiled at Sebastian.

Sebastian's face got a little red and he gave me a dirty look, "well I mean, I mainly wanted to show Ominis, but you can come too, I guess."

We followed him down to the little beach. Sebastian practically jumped up and down. "Alright alright." He pulled his wand out at the water, "observe, my wards."

"Your wards?" Ominis asked.

Sebastian ignored him and pointed his wand towards the water, "expecto patronum."  A blue light began to swirl and soon a thestral appeared flying around.

"Whoa! Your patronus is a Thestral, Sebastian!"

Sebastian stopped smiling for a second and looked back and forth between me and the patronus. "A... a thestral, I thought it was a Pegasus!"

"I'm blind and I know the difference." Ominis sighed.

"I want to try!" I yelled hurrying to get my wand out.

"I mean you can try but it took me weeks." Sebastian said rubbing his nose proudly.

"Oh shut it," I pointed at the water, "expecto patronum!" Almost immediately a blue light began to swirl.

"What the actual hell!" Sebastian yelled.

"Is it working for her?" Ominis asked.

"It is!" I answered for him. I was excited to see my patronus until a little hedgehog appeared and kept running in happy circles around my feet. "What?"

Sebastian was on the floor rolling and pointing at my little patronus. I swore I saw actual tears in his eyes.

"Why are you laughing?" Ominis asked.

"Her patronus is a hedghog!" Sebastian cried.

"Shut up! You thought yours was a flying horse!" I yelled as I picked up a handful of pebbles and sand and threw it at Sebastian. "Be nice to him." I bent down and picked up the blue hedgehog. It was weird holding a patronus. Kinda like holding a balloon.   "He's cute. Would you like to try too Ominis?"

Ominis shook his head quickly, "oh no, I'm much happier not knowing."

The hedgehog disappeared as I walked over to Sebastian who was still sitting on the sand. "Stop laughing.." I mumbled.

He wiped his eyes, "I'm sorry. I just expected someone who has 'ancient magic' to have a much better patronus. But it's.. cute."

I rolled my eyes and held a hand out to help him up. He took it softly and I pulled him to his feet. "You're just jealous I got it in one try." I told him.

His face turned bright red as he looked away. "What ever you say." He teased.

_________

"Well at least I don't have to come find you." Sebastian smiled at Cerus before his face went dark and he started wildly throwing spells at Cerus.

Cerus blocked them with a grin and fired back, "Depulso." Both Sebastian and I flew back down the cave back into the big opening I had been chained in before.