Chapter 36

Sebastian's pov

Fifth year

"Ominis, here." I put a napkin in his hand after I watched him spill soup straight down his uniform.

"Where did I get it?"

"Chest mostly," I dipped another napkin in water and dabbed at his shirt a bit.

"Have your date later." Imelda said from the other side of the table.

"Shut it." I warned.

Imelda looked past us and her brows furrowed together. "Where's he goin?"

I looked over my shoulder as Headmaster Black hurried out of the great hall. "Wasn't he in the middle of talking?" I asked.

"What am I missing?" Ominis asked.

Before I could answer professor Black hurried back in with a huff and a look of annoyance. Shortly after him the door opened again and I thought my heart stopped for a moment.

A girl peaked her head in before stepping all the way in. She had brown curls that were almost auburn that sat at her shoulders. Even from my seat I could see her freckles and green eyes. She looked nervous. She was slightly out of breath and her clothes we a little disheveled. Professor Fig joined her and quickly used magic to change her clothes to the school uniform.

"Well, what is it?" Ominis asked.

"My future wife I think?" I mumbled out not realizing I said it out loud.

"Your what?" He asked making me shake my head out of zoning out.

"I mean, there seems to be a new student. She looks our age though."

I watched her walked to the front and sit on the stool before the hat was placed on her head. She and the hat mumbled to each other for a few moments before the hat yelled out, "Hufflepuff!"

The Hufflepuff students all stood and clapped as she went and joined them at their table. As she sat down i saw Poppy Sweeting get up to probably introduce herself only to get shy and sit back down after.

"I wonder why they would let someone come to our school their fifth year?" Imelda asked.

"Maybe she got lost?" Ominis smiled at his attempt at a joke.

"For five years?" Imelda asked not realizing he was joking.

"She looks cute." I heard myself saying as I watched her.

"Sorry Ominis looks like your boyfriend has met someone new." Imelda said teasing him again.

"Well maybe Sebastian can take her on his quest to find a cure for Anne instead of me now." Ominis seemed happy at that thought.

"I took you out 3 times."

"And I almost died two of those times."

"Almost Ominis, almost."

______

Morning after detention

I woke up feeling rather peaceful. I began to stretch when I felt the weight of something next to me. I looked down to see Ava curled up next to me. Her curls  laying delicately around her face as she snores softly.

I finally remembered that neither of us made it back to our common rooms last night. Luckily it was the first day of winter break so if anyone had noticed our absences they no longer care because they get to go home.

Ava and I were both still completely nude. I pulled the heavy blanket over her more before slipping my clothes back on. As I finished buttoning up my shirt I heard Ava sit up while letting out a yawn.

When I turned around to look at her I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the sight of her. Her curls were sticking out in every direction. She held the blanket up close to her neck and shivered from the cold. Her eyes weren't fully open yet but she still looked around. She must have also forgotten where she was.

Even In this setting, she looked absolutely beautiful. Ava La Fey was the love of my life. And she is all mine. Nothing could ruin this peaceful moment right now.

Her cheeks reddened as she noticed me staring at her and smiling. "What?" She asked covering herself more.

"Nothing. I did dream about the first time I ever saw you."

Ava rolled her eyes, "you made fun of me for it yesterday."

"I may have been just trying to sound cool." As she leaned over and reached for her pile of clothes I noticed an abundance of hickies on her neck and going down her chest. "Did I go too far last night?" I asked slightly concerned.

Ava looked at me confused before following where my eyes were looking. She scoffed softly, "Sebastian there are maybe only seven or eight. I, in no way, thought you went too far." She looked up at me beaming. "It was the greatest night of my life. So far."

"So far?" I asked as I watched her get up and start to put her clothes back on.

She buttoned the back button on her skirt before double checking her bra was on right and bringing the slow process of buttoning her shirt up.

"I'm assuming there will be more great nights in the future." She shrugged and said as if it was so simple.

This girl drove me crazy.

I grabbed her hand and spun her to face me before smashing my lips against hers. Her arms snaked around my shoulders as we kissed.

When we finally pulled back to take a breath I kissed the tip of her nose making Ava smile. "Merlin's beard, I love you." I softly whispered to her.

"I love you, Sebastian."

I leaned in to kiss her once more when a sound suddenly made us both stop. We both turned our heads towards an empty wall of the undercroft. Slowly a door way began to appear.

Ava quickly grabbed her wand and aimed it towards the door way she waited for it to be completed. I followed suit picking up my wand from where it sat on a pile of books and aimed it as well.

The door way finally stopped and a man walked through. I had no idea who he was. He had pale skin and black hair was short and parted on the side. His eyes were a pale color.

I instantly hate him.

"Cerus?" Ava gasped.