Part 2: chapter 7

5th year

I walked in to charms class nervous. My palms were so sweaty from the nerves. i kept wiping them off on my robe as I went and sat down at one the seats.

I made sure to sit in the back row so I wouldn't be so center. Last thing I wanted everyone to think was that the French girl with the American accent wanted to be the center of attention.

At first no one sat by me. Until a girl sat by me. She smiled and waved. A Gryffindor. "Hello, Im Natty."

"I'm Ava," I said softly.

I looked straight ahead when I made eye contact with a brown haired, hazel eyed, Slytherin boy across from me. I couldn't read his face but he was just staring at me with his mouth slightly open. A Hufflepuff girl that i had met briefly in the common room nudged his shoulder when she caught him staring.

He blinked a few times remembering where he was. Once he did he gathered his books and moved across the class room. Which normally is okay. Except that this new seat was next to me.

The Hufflepuff girl, Poppy I think, watched him before quickly speaking to another Slytherin boy on the other side of her.  The blond Slytherin seemed to roll his eyes before mumbling something back to Poppy.

She let out a long sigh, "Sebastian." She called across the class room. I'm assuming to the boy next to me, "Stop harassing La Fey! Let her get used to Hogwarts."

Everyone in the class began to laugh as the boy, Sebastian, turned red in his seat. I peaked at him over my shoulder. He was trying not to look at me.

"You can sit here if you like?" I smiled at him.

"Shut up." I muttered under his breath and ran back to his old seat. 

I looked at Natty confused. She just laughed and waved it off, "poor Sebastian." She said in between laughs.

Later that day I walked in the the defense against the dark art class only to see the back of Sebastian's head.

Shoot.

He was bickering with a tall slender red headed Gryffindor. "Oh come off it Leander." Sebastian sounded very annoyed.

"At least my face doesn't turn bright red when I sit next to a girl." The Leander boy teased.

"It did not! Sweeting was just Messing with me." Sebastian pulled out his wand, "sounds like you need another reminder on who's the best dualist."

The boys started firing spells at each other. Eventually Sebastian miss fired, making the skull of a giant skeleton hanging on the ceiling, crash down.

Just as it was about to hit Leander the professor stopped caught it with a spell and began lecturing the boys as she fixed everything.

Everyone sat in their seats. The blond Slytherin was next to me. I tried to sneak a peak at him while I wrote notes. His skin was super pale and his eyes with almost opal looking, "I may be blind, but I can tell you're staring." He whispered.

"I'm so sorry, I just.. never mind, I'm sorry." I whispered back before hiding my face.

"Oh you're the new fifth year." He said softly.

"What gave it away?"

He chuckled softly, "your voice obviously and the perfume you use. It's nice. Definitely better then anything the girls use here."

"Oh... It was a gift for getting into the school."

The boy opened his mouth to speak again but profesor Hecat beat him too it. "Alright, let's put Levioso to use! We will have a small duel. Levioso, protego and a basic cast is all you can use."