Part 2: chapter 18

*slight mature content towards the end*

The first years had just finished their final when I heard a soft knock at the door. I looked to see Professor Weasley smiling softly. "I have a question about your lesson for the fifth years next semester."

"Oh yeah, come in." I continued moving the tables back to their normal spots as she walked up to me with my lesson plan in her hand.

"You want the students to learn the Patronus Charm?"

"Yes, I learned it fifth year."

"You learned it from Mr Sallow. We don't usually teach it in school."

"Oh... why?"

Professor Weasley struggled to find the words, "well... for one it's very hard to learn. And two..."

"It keeps away dementors and Lethifolds."

"Professor La Fey, there hasn't been a Lethifolds attack in years..." she saw me suddenly avoiding eye contact. "Ava... when?"

"It's why i had to learn the charm." Was all I was willing to say.

"You have to report those kind of attacks."

I smiled at her sheepishly, "I wasn't aware of what it was until i ran into the boys running from it."

Professor Weasley sighed, "fine.. I will approve the lesson. Maybe bring one of the other three to class with you so they can help. And don't act innocent I know you all probably know how to use it."

I smiled and said thank you, "do you have a patronus?"

Weasley rolled her eyes smiling to herself and left.

______

As the 7th years walked in for their final I tried to ignore Edward walking up to me as I wrote on the chalk board.

"If it's more flowers I swear on Merlin himself..."

"It isn't." He said somberly. I turned around at his tone as he handed me a letter. "He told me I had to give this to you as soon as possible," I looked down at the letter and saw my name in Ominis's hand writing. "I was at a wedding for his brother the other night with my family and he passed this along to me."

"Thank you, Mr Avery. Please get ready for your final."

I turned my back to the class and headed for the stairs to the office. "Alright, everyone. You have all class for your final. I'll be down in an hour for the spell casting part. Come find me if the class is on fire." I swished my wand quickly so all the test booklets would get passed out and I shut the door leaving myself alone I not office.

I opened the letter quickly with my hands shaking.

Ava,

I'm happy that if you had found my letter you haven't come for me. Had you come it probably would have ruined what I've been doing since my brother came to get me. My family and few other of the pure blood families are unhappy with what you did to your father.

He had apparently been the leader of a group of pure blood radicals who's one goal is to 'purify the wizard world'. They have a goal to eradicate anyone who is half or less then by the start of the new century. They see you as a traitor since you took out your father.

Please be careful. I'll try to reach out when I can. And maybe have Poppy stay closer to you. I know her family has a history of half bloods and my family wouldn't hesitate to use her against you.

Stay safe, Ominis

Not again. Again? Im being targeted again? This is like three or four times now. I felt stressed and quiet honestly really annoyed. Can't I just have one normal fucking year.