Part 2: chapter 1

Sebastian's pov

"Cerus?" Ava asked extremely confused. I glanced at her slightly as if to make sure if I should keep my wand up.

Cerus's eyes got wide and his arms opened as he walked towards her, "Ava! You're okay. Thank Merlin." 

She stepped backwards giving me the que to stand between them.

The man looked at the both of us confused. He glanced at both our wands. "Have I missed something?" He asked.

"How did you know of this place?" I asked. I felt Ava tug on my sleeve slightly and stand a bit more behind me.

"Ava, told me of it a year or so ago."

I glanced over my should at Ava who was still hiding her face in my back. Why would she have shown someone else the Undercroft? Ominis wasn't going to like that.

"I'm so sorry, I'm Cerus Willows. Ava and I are partners."

"Partners?" I asked him. I could feel jealousy and anger building up a bit. "In what?"

"Helping Dumbledore in the 20s," Ava answered. I could feel her speak on my back. Normally her being this close would be driving me insane. It still is but sadly that isn't the matter at hand. "Like Aurors that don't work for the ministry."

Cerus raised his hand alittle, "I was an Auror though, quit to help out the team." He tried giving me a kind smile but I could honestly only give back a confused stare. "Ava, introduce us. Even though I'm pretty sure I know who this young man is."

Cerus softly bumped my shoulder with his fist as if we were friends but I only moved away from his touch.

I could feel Ava's hand begin to shake as she pulled away from me. "I thought you died?" She asked him.

"A lot of people keep saying that. But I don't even remember what happened. One thing I'm going to speak to some students and next thing I know I'm in saint Mungos with a killer headache."

I was finally able to see Ava's face and she looked absolutely terrified. Even when faced with her parents,
Or Ranrok's loyalist she never looked that scared. I made sure her hand was in mine, reassuring her that I was here for her.

"You don't remember anything?" Her voice came out as a whisper almost.

"Can't say that I do. The doctors think i may have been obliviated unfortunately."

Ava swallowed and she was able to better hide her expression. "I see,"

"When I heard you left and came back I couldn't believe it. I had thought maybe you loosing me a year ago had hurt you too much."

I held back the eye roll. "No she just missed me." I joked smirking at him and moving her closer to me.

"We'll I would hope so, she never stopped talking about the famous Sebastian Sallow."

"She talked about me?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

"Of course! She'd talk about how she missed you, or about all your old adventures."

I put my wand down and so did Ava but I noticed she didn't put her away like I did mine.

"Wait how were you able to open a door?"

"He uses ancient magic like me." Ava said to me softly.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. I turned my body towards her and made sure we made eye contact. Ava just kept looking back and forth between Cerus and I.

"Uh.. yes." She wasn't telling the truth.

At the moment the someone entered the undercroft making Ava jump and look towards the door.