Part 2: chapter 15

Edward Avery is an original character by helenahaven

August 31st

I walked up and took my seat at the professor table. I felt so shaky. I was so nervous. There would definitely still be students that I was in classes with. Merlin, Lucan is a 7th year this year. Would he be in my class?

Students began trickling in as we all waited for the first years.

"Ah sorting day!" Professor Garlik clapped her hands together next to me. "One of my favorite days to meet all the new little rose buds! I remember when your sorting ceremony, Ava."

"I hope so it wasn't that long ago." I teased.

"I'm so happy you'll be teaching with us. Maybe having a professor that's still young will help students feel more comfortable and get more into their studies."

Sharp sat on the other side of me and took a long look at me making me start to feel uncomfortable. "I don't know how I feel about this." He finally said before standing up and moving a chair over.

Professor Onai sat down next to me and hugged my shoulder while smiling. "Ava! Oh! I mean Professor La Fey. Im so excited to teach with you! When I told Natsai she got so excited."

"How is she?" I asked.

"She's very good. She's learning to be an Auror in America for a little bit but I think she's going to work in London."

"Oh, Sebastian is training in London right now."

She clapped her hands. "That's right!"

I looked up at the balcony above the Great Hall only to have my smile disappear as I saw Sebastian wildly waving with both hands and a giant smile. "Oh dear..." I whispered trying not to look.

"Oh, is that Mr. Sallow up in the balcony?" I heard Garlik say next to me.

"No.." I lied.

I started to stand to go confront him when the two big doors swung open and Professor Weasley with a horde of first years began to enter. I quickly sat down and looked up at where Sebastian was only to see he was now missing.

All the first years were sorted into their houses and Professor Black did his whole speech. I thought it was finally time I could slip away when Professor Black suddenly spoke again.

"And I'd also like to welcome our new teacher in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Professor Sall- I'm terribly sorry, Professor La Fey."

Most of the returning Hufflepuffs started cheering for me obnoxiously loud and also laughing at me for Black almost using Sebastian's last name as my own.

"Alright, alright, don't get too loud. Enjoy your meals and prepare for classes tomorrow." And with that Black walked back to his seat and began eating.

I got up to leave but as I walked between the tables Lucan Brattleby jumped up from the Gryffindor table cutting me off.

"Ava! You didn't tell me you were going to be my professor this year!" His eyes were all wide.

"You can't call me Ava anymore." I teased trying to get past him.

"Well you'll still be apart of Crossed Wands right? No one has beat you yet."

"Lucan I don't think the other professors would appreciate the new professor throwing students in crossed wands."

He sighed, "I guess your right."

Once I finally got passed him I was stopped again by an annoying student I really hoped I wouldn't have this year.

"Professor Ava!" Edward Avery teased. A seventh year Slytherin. He was holding a couple flowers. He tried holding them to me but I pushed them down.