Extra 1B

A year earlier
3rd person pov

Ominis was certainly shocked when he entered the undercroft and heard Sebastian, still in his prison attire, standing in the middle of the room out of breath.

"S... Sebastian?" Ominis asked confused.

"Ominis. Thank goodness."

"I thought you were taken away?"

Sebastian hugged his best friend. "I was. Azkaban is a horrible place. I had to get out of there."

"You escaped?!" Ominis exclaimed.

"Of course I did. I couldn't leave you and Ava alone. And Anne!  I'd be a horrible brother." Sebastian walked around the undercroft. "Where Is She anyway? Ava? I've missed her so much."

Ominis froze. Sebastian had already been taken away when Ava vanished. Of course he wouldn't know. "Sebastian... Ava disappeared shortly after you were taken away."

"What? How?"

"I'm not sure. We were practicing a spell she wanted to try and she just... vanished." Ominis's head fell as the guilt he felt came back. He thought he'd surely been the reason.

"We'll find her. I promise. I also have to find who turned me in anyway. And I have to heal Anne." Sebastian began rambling as Ominis realized his best friend didn't know who had turned him in.

Anne had written Ominis shortly after Ava's disappearance letting him know that she had been the one. But why did Sebastian want to know?

"Why do you want to know who turned you in?"

"Well.... I just feel they need to know as well. They need to know what Azkaban does to people..." Sebastian shook his head as his eyes got dark. I shook those dark feelings away and smiled at his best friend.

"Well..." Ominis looked nervous. "How are you going to heal your sister?"

Next thing Ominis knew he was being dragged to Ava's map chamber and into the repository. "I wish you could see this Ominis!" Sebastian exclaimed. "Its magnificent!"

"I don't think we should be down here. Ava said that Professor Weasley wouldn't even let her down here."

Sebastian waved off his friend. "Oh do calm down Ominis. Ava missed an opportunity not taking this magic when she had the chance."

Sebastian pulled his wand out while Ominis continued to complain and tapped on the repository with it pulling out the dark ancient magic. "Sebastian... you shouldn't do this!" Ominis yelled.

"I can do this! Then I can heal Anne.. and find Ava."

Before Ominis had a chance to talk him out of it Sebastian inhaled the magic. His body suddenly felt hot and in horrendous pain as the magic filled his body.

"Sebastian!" Ominis yelled again as he heard his best friend scream out in pain. Ominis wished he could help. He wished he could see what was happening.

And then.

It was silent.

Ominis tried to listen for Sebastian but all he heard was light shuffling around.

"Ominis?" Sebastian asked suddenly making Ominis jump.

"Yes, Sebastian?"

"Only four people know I killed my uncle..."

Ominis was certain his heart was no longer beating with the sudden chill that passed through him. "That I know of..." Ominis whispered.

"You... Ava... Poppy and Anne." Sebastian played with his wand as he slowly turned to the person he thought was his best friend. "One of you betrayed me. Didn't you?"