Chapter 8

Professor Weasley began to take us to an office off the side of the great hall. As we walked in I turned and spotted Andre leaving the great hall before I could give him a dirty look.

"Congratulations students." Professor Weasley practically jumped up and down. "This years game is going to be very good I can already tell. As you all know there are three games. The ministry will handle all that planning thank goodness. But I have already sent your outfits for the games to your common rooms and we will meet near the quidditch field in three days."

"That's Ava's birthday." Sebastian and Poppy both said out loud. Making me not want to be in the room.

"Well then we better hope the first task is an easy one."  Weasley smiled.

———

As we all exited the office Giselle pulled on my sleeve making me turn around. "I can't believe you put your name in." She spat. "Cant you just let me have something."

"Like you're one to talk. And I didn't put my name in." I yanked my arm away from her and walked away with everyone else leaving her fuming.

As soon as we were out of sight from her my shoulders dropped. "She's going to kick my ass."

Natty gave me a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Well, I have to go tell my mother before anyone else does. I'll see you later." She quickly ran away.

"I should write Gran and tell her. She's going to be so excited." She began to walk away but stopped when she saw Garreth didn't move.

"What?" He asked when he saw her staring.

She rolled her eyes and dragged him off with her leaving just Sebastian and I.

"Shall we go to the undercroft?" He asked. I nodded a little too fast and we hurried off to the DADA building.

As we walked in there was no sight of Ominis and my heart immediately started to pound in my chest. But I had to be focused.

As I spun around to ask Sebastian something he was already trying to lean in. "Hold on." I put a finger on his lips. "Why didn't you tell me you put your name in?"

He shrugged and pulled me closer to him and placed his hands on the sides of my waist. "I thought if I put my name in there was would be one more chance you wouldn't go up against both your siblings."

"Not because there's a chance you'd beat me?"

He smirked and leaned in kissing my forehead. "Well that too. And why have you been avoiding me?"

I blushed and looked away. "I thought you wouldn't remember my birthday if I didn't talk to you." Sorta true.

He rolled his eyes, "liked I'd ever forget that." 

He hugged me tightly resting his cheek on top of my head. "Can I ask you to be my girlfriend yet?" He asked softly.

"Not a chance." I smiled.

"Then it might be really awkward when ever I do this." He gently lifted my chin with his finger and leaned down kissing my lips deeply. The butterflies in my stomach were going absolutely crazy as he used his other hand to hold me against him.

His hands started to explore my body a bit more and I could tell he was getting a little too excited. I didn't stop him just yet and let him continue as we kissed. Soon his lips moved to my cheek then my jaw and finally on my neck where he kept placing small kisses. A small sound escaped me as he continued. I was starting to get a little too excited as well so I finally stopped him.

He looked at me a little confused. "I'm sorry I just, I don't want to go to far yet."

"Yet?" He started getting even more excited.

I blushed but smiled at him, "Yet. Hopefully soon. But not yet."

He grinned and gave me one more long kiss on the lips before stepping back. "Yet."

———

3rd person pov

Giselle practically skipped into the cottage her parents were staying at with Andre trudging along behind her. She looked a little shocked as she saw her parents packing.

"Where are you going?" Giselle asked offended.

"Oh sweetie," her mother started while sitting on the edge of the bed, "we have a slight emergency and your father must attend to something."

Even more offended Giselle scoffed, "I thought you were going to watch me win the triwizard tournament."

The twins father never even stopped packing but their mother gave them a pout, "oh honey, we'd love nothing more. But we did hear that Ava got into it as well."

"So?" Giselle asked.

"So we don't want to be embarrassed when you loose." Her father finally spoke up as he slammed his suit case closed and latched it shut.

"But I won't loose. I'm not Ava. She doesn't even use her stupid magic."

"But honey," her mom started, "she did save everyone. So she's definitely a lot stronger then you now."

A house elf walked in and took the bags from Laurent and apparated away with them.

"But mommy." Giselle started to beg.

"You are not a child and more Giselle." Her father hissed. "Win this childish game. Show everyone at the pathetic English school that Ava's supposed ancient magic is nothing." He snapped at her in French. He turned to Andre. "Why wasn't your name picked?"

Andre shrugged, "I didn't know Sallow had put his name in."

Elise rolled her eyes, "that boy is trouble. Slytherin or not, I don't trust him. He gives Ava so much... confidence."

Andre held in the eye roll. "He's very kind to her."

"That's the problem."

"Mother why don't you like Ava?" Andre asked receiving a dirty look from his twin sister.

"That's not true my little one." Elise reached forward and patted Andres cheek. "She's just always thought too highly of her self. So it's our job as her family to keep her... grounded. More down to earth."

Andre didn't seem to believe that at all.