Saving grandma.

I was playing with the arrow and thinking.

Then I ran to mom.

"Mommy!!! Mom's mom??" (I was trying to make her understand the concept of grandma or aunt..)

She turned her head like an idiot. and looked to the east and let out a little whine.

"mommy no more!"

"Oh no.." "Mommy mommy dead?"

"No... no more! Me afraid to run away brother sisters gone.."

I put my wing hand to my temple, as if readjusting invisible glasses.

I sighed, the situation stuck and turned to dad.

"DAD??? DADDY MOM???"

"Weak mom early die not hunt..".

I did not understand his gibberish..

"Mir see mom dad!"

He looked at my mother and we felt that he was uncomfortable. The instinct and the animal habit...

I climbed on his back and he flew away. But my brother and sisters also took the opportunity to accompany me. With me, the snacks were never far away .....

Daddy then flew to the void and we left the protective nest.

To my great surprise, we didn't go far but very low, near the river that flowed at the bottom of the canyon.

We landed on a meadow at the water's edge and against the cliff, a cave, accessible by foot and without any real need to fly. It was enough only to climb with its talons and to reach the entrance to 8 meters of the ground.

A step for us, well the adult wyverns...

For me, it would be climbing but I could fly so... no problem. My siblings also made the jump.

But daddy stood between us and the black hole. It smelled strongly of wyvern, the old wyvern.

"Groaah."

He put down a deer we had caught a few hours earlier and threw it into the black hole and we heard a grunt, followed by the crunch of prey being eaten.

Daddy: "Mommy Daddy eat... OK... not eat.. MIR danger.."

I understood that we were dealing with an old wyvern and that we had to feed it if we wanted to approach it.

Then a white creature came into the light, and very fearful, in total submission before Dad.

Dad must have been the Alpha, from what I could see.

I expected to see a creature decrepit with age, but it was wrong. Completely wrong.

The white wyvern was mutilated, old wounds having pinned it to the ground and hunger and starvation having turned its scales into a kind of abrasive, discolored skin.

Her membrane skins hung down, torn and thus she was unable to fly. Then, balls showing a cyst on her hanging wing. Probably, a piece of spear or large arrow.

Immediately, I rushed to her, holding her close to me, with my small size.

She was 10 times my size but she purred.

Then I turned around.

"DADDY! GRANDMA!!! HURT!!! HUNGRY!!!"

Daddy would bow his head and secretly come over and bring his mommy some food, not wanting to leave her to her fate.

This was also why he often came back empty-handed.

He also fed the members of his "tribe" who were condemned to die of hunger. But it was a losing battle.