Back to Fort d'Hivers

Dumas had moved into the royal suite with its own throne, its own reception room and its own garden.

It revolted me to have what looked like a 'thinking cancer' right next to me. It reminded me of the old film 'The Cry of the Ice Cube' where a bourgeois was sipping a cocktail by his large swimming pool when someone arrived, dressed in an unseasonably warm suit.

He shook his hand and said: "Hello, I'm your cancer, and before you die, I'd like to meet you".

The thought alone made me vomit my lunch.

Then tears came and I didn't know what else to do...

I was out of ideas, out of arguments.

The monster was there, in the building next door, just waiting for a gesture, an event or an excuse to release its fibres, tentacles or spores to zombify the whole planet and remodel flesh into living nightmares.

I flew alone to Winter Fort to meet up with the 'Old Man' and Romas.

The welcome I received was cold and when I approached the fortress, the doors were down.

I wasn't welcome, but I was alone.

I shouted in my big dragon voice: "ROMAS...!! we need to talk!

Ten interminable minutes passed and on the wall, a black knight in dragon hunter's clothing.

The fortress had the flags of the ancient dragon slayers and not those of the empire...

I saw the flags but it was just another thorn in my heart.

"ROMAS I must speak to you in private.

The Black Knight replied: "There is no more Romas for you, for you are nothing but a vicious and devious monster. "

"Mercy, Romas."

"An arch-demon who begs for mercy!???"

"ROMAASS" GROAAARRRR "I want to talk to the OLD MAN"

A few moments later, an old man appeared in the courtyard and beckoned Romas to calm down.

The large doors were closed and only the small service door was open.

I had to shrink down to enter.

And, as soon as I stepped through the door, a runic net was thrown over me, blocking all my powers.

But I let it.

Romas lifted the bag with me inside and threw me at the Old Man's feet into a dungeon specially reserved for me.

It was a trap, but it was easy for me to get out.

I played along.

Romas thrust his sword through the net, "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you for what you've done!

"I've done what? The bomb wasn't me!"

Romas raised his sword in interest. "That's not what I'm talking about... You're a marquis from hell, a monster from the apocalypse, and I really have to make superhuman efforts not to skewer you with my sacred sword.

Then I started to cry

"Oh, how moving, a demon crying..."

The Old Man signalled Romas to stop.

"Forgive Romas, but he can't bear to see his niece mutilated in this way in what he hates most. So before we go any further I want to know why you did this to Chlorophylle. It shocks me too, and my heart just won't listen to reason."

"I love and adore Chlorophylle. She's my wife!..."

"Mir, you have violated taboos and human understanding... Do you realise that you've forced the girl to marry an animal? That's bestiality and punishable by death!