SUMMONING

The first princess, Vidia, summoned the second princess to the basement the next day.

They walked to a large wooden door with a gothic ogive and the hinges were extended into a sculpture of steel sheets holding the boards together and thick nails protruded forbidding any breaking down of the doors by physical means except a siege ram, but given the space, that was unthinkable.

Torches in front and on the sides produced the light necessary for the queen to enter a large iron key and open the two doors. They opened automatically, as if an invisible force was pushing them open.

Obviously, this was a world of magic and... almost no science.

I was hidden under the shoulder strap of my princess' dress and I was accompanying her, helped by an invisibility spell that I had been trying to learn these last days.

I could not attack nor move, well, the bare minimum not to break the enchantments.

I was only an apprentice magician after all... and I was a wyvern too, which complicated everything. Well, I had something to defend myself against, but 2-3 knights and I was sure to lose, even with my 6 m length, which, if you took away my tail and the length of my neck, left me only 2 meters tall. Apart from the immense strength of my arms, I had the strength of 2 knights... and nothing more. I was far from the strength of dad or Kratos or even Sido, the clumsy one. She was so distracted, that she managed to hit the same tree more than twice because she was not looking where she was going.

I smiled at the thought of her. Everyone loved her and her clumsiness made the atmosphere fun. But she could laugh too.

But something told me that she was not far away... and I was not wrong.

She had gotten lost on her "mission" and had mistaken Winter Fort for the capital...and she wanted to enter through the front door as if nothing had happened.

Of course, nets were thrown on her and as she begged, she was not put to death but dragged to a dungeon, under the castle, in the dragoons, where they trained wyverns for knights but .... they were all eaten...

The queen was warned by a page, just before going down the stairs and she looked at Chlorophylle smiling.

The second princess then lowered her head, because a smile always meant misfortune.

She clenched her fists and swore through her teeth. "These heroes and this kingdom, he can go to hell, let him die ... and me with ..." Then she put her hand on my head, looking for comfort from a friend.

"Mir... save me from this hell.... kill me for mercy..."

I clamped my claws into her shoulder to make her react but she relented and I stopped. I didn't want to stain her dress with her blood.

I whispered

"Princess, I need you.. You matter at least to me and your godfather... we are here..."

But I kept quiet, so as not to attract attention, but the princess could sketch a small smile. she sighed..

She wanted to give herself another chance thanks to me.

Then she shed a tear... "Mir... You are my prince charming..."

I blushed at this sentence but I was still too young...or so I thought...dragons becoming teenagers at a lightning speed. But in my head, I was still a baby dragon and an adult human and everything was mixed up. But this was not the time or place to think about romance. Besides, if I took advantage of the princess, I would feel like I was taking advantage of her and I would lose face with myself and the knights.