How Time Flies (pt. 2)

(HAHAHA IM ALIVE, AND IVE COME BARING A SLOW BUT STEADY MULTICOURSE FEAST! After a very long wait, I'm proud to announce that I'm possibly gonna be able to write slightly more often again! still iffy on how frequently I can get chapters out, but me and my friend aren't hyperfixated on our other story atm, and I have an incredibly low almost non-existent social life as of right now, so Yea! on to the 69th chapter!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV

I've always told myself that it'll eventually get better, but at this point, I'm not sure if I was right or wrong.

The morning after my date with Donnie, I woke up to the sound of Lavinia crying. She was still laying on me, but she was moving around and clutching onto me.

I recognized it as a hungry cry, so I carefully got up and brought her to eat. Feeding her took about half an hour, and by that point I was already fully awake.

While doing so however, I noticed that the lair was empty. It confused me, so I went back to the lab and grabbed my phone, seeing that it was 9:37. I was going to call Donnie and ask where they were, but when I turned my phone on I was met with a message from said softshell turtle.

💜🐢 Adorkable Nerd 🐢💜:

'Had another mission, couldn't wake you up in time to let you know. We'll be back as soon as possible. Stay safe.' 8:58 AM

'P.S; don't worry. It's not the purple dragons this time.' 8:58 AM

Remembering our conversation from last night, I felt a wave of relief when he said it wasn't the purple dragons. I also appreciated him letting me know where he went.

They had left 39 minutes ago, which meant they'd be home soon depending on what this sudden mission was exactly. I accepted it easily, and sat down with Lavinia.

She didn't look like she wanted to sleep after food, so I played with her a little. First, I pulled my knees up and sat her against my legs so she could sit up a little, then I briefly put her in her crib so I could play some fun music that Ms. Carol recommended for Vinnie.

Once the music was on, I got Vinnie out of her crib again and laid her on the couch bed. She was on her stomach, and I went from sitting up to laying down with her aswell.

We played for a while, but after about 13 minutes, I had noticed something about her. She wasn't just playing with me.

I was only playing with her, but she was playing with both me and something else next to me. She would laugh and coo at the air, reaching out for something that wasn't there.

It confused me, and I had almost thought my mystic energy was being weird again, but looking to the side, I didn't see anything. I also didn't sense anything, which only made my dumbfounded confusion 10x worse.

I had stared at the air for a good few minutes, until Vinnie broke my trance by sadly cooing again. I looked down at her, and watched as she tried to use her hands to push her body up.

I moved back a little, now sitting up again. I witnessed her moving her legs and arms, as if she was trying to crawl. I was bewildered, but after a second of her trying, she fell back onto the bed, but then she started whimpering and trying to get back up.