Road To Recovery (Pt. 5)

Y/n's POV

Donnie spent the entire day with me, just doing whatever I wanted. Before anything he got me food and medicine, but after forcing me to get nutrients and help with my headache, he basically deemed himself my butler as a joke.

It wasn't much of a joke. He literally did everything I asked for or suggested, and would barely let me do things for myself.

I very much appreciated it, but about halfway through the day I got a little tired of it. I didn't want him bending over backwards every five seconds just for me to feel better.

When I mentioned this though (actually I didn't mention anything until he noticed that I looked tired and asked), he grabbed the headphones he had finished earlier and handed them to me.

"Here, you can try them out then we can just chill. That sound alright?" He offered as I took the headphones.

I looked between him and the headset, then sighed. "Yea, that sounds good Dee." I slipped the headset on, already hearing soft and quiet white noise playing.

The set was really soft, it almost felt like I didn't even have anything on my head. Donnie watch my reaction, and smiled when I seemed to really like his gift.

He then led me over to the couch and sat down in the corner, then sat me down next to him. I almost instantly sunk into the couch and leaned on him, and he didn't mind in the slightest.

Actually, he leaned his head on mine and just went on his phone. I laid there and watched what he was doing for about half an hour, and actually was close to falling asleep. But before I could pass out, the curiosity of what he needed to talk about settled in, keeping me wide awake.

I knew it was going to be stressful on me, that much was obvious. If it wasn't, he would have told me as a way to distract me from everything else.

Despite that though, I needed to know what it was so I could deal with it.

'ok, time to see if curiosity really does kill the cat.'

"Hey, Donnie?" My voice was quiet, and I only got a relaxed hum as a response. "What did you need to tell me? I think I'm ready to know." Donnie froze at my question, and he moved his head so he could look at me.

I in turn looked up at him, we both looked nervous, but I also looked determined. "Are you sure? I don't want you freaking out again," he was stalling for my sake.

I sat up more. "Dee stop making it sound like you're breaking up with me and just tell me. The more vague you get, the more I overthink and freak myself out because I don't know what's wrong. I am ok." I reassured him, but he still hesitated.

(Quick switch to 3rd person POV because I mindlessly began typing like that and can't fix it.)

Eventually, he sighed. "Alright. Um, I've been going to the hidden city hospital to check on your sister, sometimes with Casey or April. She's been stable in the NICU, but unless she's going to be put up for adoption, the doctors need to see you and make sure you're able enough to get custody of her because you're her only living family member. Apparently.. William was-" Donnie went ahead and discreetly slid into the topic of the murders to see if y/n would talk about it.