Road To Recovery (Pt. 3)

3rd person POV

"Alright everyone, today officially marks a week of y/n feeling like absolute crap. We have tried everything from fun activities to wholesomely talking! Mikey refuses to use Doctor Delicate Touch on them and Donnie refuses to guilt trip them so he can sweep them off their feet and take care of themself, so we need ideas!"

Leo dramatically paced Infront of the gang (minus Usagi and Sunita) whilst they all sat in the TV room. Mikey and Donnie both gave Leo a look. "I don't want y/n feeling even worse than they already do Leo." Mikey retorted.

Donnie nodded at Mikey's statement. "Exactly right Angelo. If I keep handling their emotions the way I do, they might get tired of it, and me. I can't do anything right now. Also, it's a good thing Sunita and Usagi took y/n to the mystic pizza place, you're far too loud." Mikey nodded in agreement.

Leo glared at his two younger brothers. "Ok whatever, we still need ideas!" He got back on track, and April thought of something. "I hate saying it boys, but maybe we do need to slightly force them to open up. What if we found a way to use manipulation and reverse psychology to get them vulnerable, then someone who hasn't comforted them yet can go talk to them?" April offered up the only best way she could think of, and Donnie and Mikey shrunk down a little.

Raph and Leo agreed with her, albeit reluctantly. None of them wanted y/n to feel worse, but they're not moving forward. Only Donnie knows what really happened at that hospital, so he understands what they're going through, but everyone else only knows that m/n died to save her baby.

Either way, y/n has had plenty time to grieve according to their family, they just wanted their friend back, even if that way of thinking is selfish.

"You have a point April. But how can we-.. Casey? Are you ok?" Leo finally noticed y/n's best friend, and how he was more behind everyone else, sitting with his knees up to his chest.

He had a thoughtful yet guilty expression. Everyone looked back at him, and he looked up. "Y-yea, I'm alright. Just... April's idea made me think of something. But I don't know if I could really take it any better than y/n would." He smiled at Leo, but his statement caught everyone's attention.

"Well, what's the idea?" Mikey scooted back next to him and mimicked his seating position. Casey hesitated, but he gave in and looked away. "y/n's mother is why they're feeling like this, so I could.. maybe meet my mom again to get them out of their shell.?"

His idea made the room go deathly silent, until April spoke up. "Cassandra? Casey.. we don't have to do that if you don't want to-" Casey cut April off. "No! No, it's the best chance we have. I can.. I can do it, for y/n." Clearly Casey wasn't truly ready for it, but he needed to get it over with either way, and he'd do anything for y/n.

All of this got the turtles curious, they've all asked about themselves, but they never asked about Casey, nor his mom. Or anyone else for that matter. "What was Cassandra like in the future?" Mikey asked, and Casey looked at him with a sad nostalgia in his eyes.

"She... I.. don't really know, I-i mean, it's been 12 years, I don't really remember. Um, anyways, now that we know what we're going to do, how are we going to do it?" It sounded and looked more like he didn't want to remember, so he changed the subject.

Before he could be replied to however, a loud voice entered the lair. "We're back~! And we've brought Usagi and leftovers!" Sunita's happy sing-songy voice rang through the lair. "Quick, turn on the movie!" Raph whispered to splinter and Leo ran to greet Usagi instead of sitting down.