"Why?"

Y/n's POV

"Are you sure about this y/n?"

I groaned, crossing my arms. "Yes, for the fifth time guys, it's been days since I woke up and all you've done is pamper me. I greatly appreciate everything, but I need to do a few things on my own every once in a while." Everyone was hesitant on allowing me to go down to the hidden city, but I persisted.

It's been close to a week since I came too from my little mind journey, and My mother had called me not even an hour ago, asking to speak with me. I had agreed and we planned on meeting up at the mutant pizza place, but now my found family is insisting that I at least go with one of them.

"Ok but what if something happens? You may be mentally better but your scars still haven't healed. Especially the one on your head. If you were to get hit by something or someone, you'd likely get a major concussion and we wouldn't make it in time." Donnie only thought the worst, but I knew how to shut him up.

I stared at him with a blank face, held up my wrist, and twisted the dial on my watch, which automatically set off the panic feature.

The watch stayed completely silent for stealth reasons (Donnie learned the hard way after April scolded him after Insane in The Mama Train.), but All the way in Donnie's lab, a siren was heard. Along with; "Y/N IS IN TROUBLE, Y/N IS IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE," blaring in his monotonous voice on repeat about five or maybe twenty times.

The sound echoed throughout the lair, and all eyes were on Donnie. Only three people were on my side. April, Mikey, and Casey.

"Come on Dee, they can handle it! They're really good at fighting, and it's just a small public meet up with their mom." Mikey advocated for me, earning a huff from Donnie.

Leo and raph were on the fence between me going alone and going with someone, so they didn't really give much of an opinion. Draxum and splinter stayed away from the conversation all together.

"If I really need anything immediately, senõr hueso will be there, along with the other servers." I stared daggers at Donnie, but held a pleading look of wanting trust under the stern outer mask.

Donnie noticed, looked down, and sighed. "Fine.. but if anything goes wrong, I'm putting a tracker on you. As well as other safety precautions." He crossed his arms and pouted, but I smiled. "Thanks Dee! I'll be back guys!" I didn't hug Donnie in front of the others, but I totally would've before running out of the lair.

As I was leaving, I heard Leo tease Donnie by saying; "I'm surprised you haven't already put a tracker on them", and chuckled at the distant sound of them beginning to bicker.

I enjoyed getting out of the sewers, but I was feeling a little anxious for a multitude of reasons. One of them being the feeling of being watched, that seemed to follow me almost everywhere now.

When I arrived at Run Of The Mill Pizza, I entered and instantly tried finding m/n, quickly spotting her in a corner booth.

She also noticed me and waved me over, but as soon as I sat down, I could feel her joyful gaze turn concerned. "Oh dear, what happened to you? Are you ok?" I tilted my head at her before remembering all the bandages on my arms, collar bone, and the one on my head.

"Oh uh, it's nothing to worry about. Just rough sparring with my friends," I nervously smiled at her, hoping she wouldn't ask me to go into detail.