"Why?" (Pt. 2)

~Previously~

My grin grew slightly, and i walked out of the Medbay. Then, I set off to search for my boyfriend, thinking of the possibilities of conversations we'd end up having, and which events those convos could inevitably lead to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

Slowly trudging my way into Donnie's lab, I heard and saw Donnie speaking with my mother. I also noticed that he was oddly wearing his hoodie. I was curious as to what they were conversing about, however they noticed me to quickly for me to eavesdrop.

"Y/n!" Donnie was in front of me in a matter of seconds. "Are you ok? I didn't get a chance to look for any injuries on you earlier, did that guy do anything to you before we got there?" He quickly asked many questions, all of which somehow drained me of my smile. I don't know why.

"No, I'm not hurt. I'm more worried about you guys, and Casey. What were you two talking about?" I sought to change the subject, and I think Donnie may have noticed.

M/n approached after my inquiry. "I was just telling Donatello about the pregnancy, and herald. Nothing to worry about dear." She smiled at me, but I just looked back at Donnie. "On the contrary, m/n had also asked to go tell her affair about her condition. As well as telling off her husband and getting a few of her belongings." Donnie didn't hesitate to tell me the truth, knowing I'd eventually find out her plan in a much harsher way.

"Yea no, that's not happening. Casey just got shot because someone is after us, you're not going back where I can't follow you." I held a stern look, making direct eye contact with my mother. "Y/n, you have to understand. If I don't go explain myself, I could lose both of them instead of just herald. And if Leonardo were to come with me, I could escape quickly if I had to. Please."

M/n pleaded with me, then Donnie took her side. "Y/n, I truly hate saying it, but m/n is right. It would give her freedom from an abusive marriage. Like how you seeing all of us again gave you freedom from your old solitary world." Donnie took a step closer to me, lightly touching the side of my shoulder.

I uncontrollably slightly flinched at the contact, and he pulled his hand away a little. "Y/n.?" Donnie became concerned when I looked down, attempting to put on a deadpan face to mask my emotions and anxiety.

I was about to give a dry reply, but something loud overtook it. "Y/n!! Come quick!" It was Leo. My head whipped towards the door in both fear and hope, and I just started rushing to the Medbay, completely disregarding both Donnie and m/n.

I practically slammed the doors open, and saw Casey sitting up in his bed, wincing at his side. The meer sight of him made me feel too many emotions at once, but I still ran over to force him into a bear hug, while still being mindful of his wound.

"If you almost get yourself killed again, I'll kill you myself. Got that Jones?" My voice was muffled by his shoulder, but he still heard and let out a breathy laugh, then groaned.

He patted my back, just as Donnie and m/n, as well as all the others came into the Medbay. "Says the one who also almost died and then slept for a month." Casey sassed, but I used the side of my fist to lightly jab his shoulder as a way of telling him to shut up.

"Ok y/n, you're going to choke him." Leo joked a little and put his hand on my shoulder blade, but it still took me a second to pull away.