Let's Get To Work

Y/n's POV

I could feel myself slowly waking up just enough to hear my surroundings, but I was definitely not awake enough to get off of the still-sleeping softshell and go see who knocked on the lab doors.

I simply laid there, basking in the comforting warmth and listening to the calm churrs and snores of my boyfriend.

After a minute though, I heard the lab door slightly open. "Donnie? Y/n?" It was Raph. He obviously didn't get an answer, so he cautiously stepped into the lab, quickly spotting us on the chair.

A light gasp came from the eldest turtle, "Aww," just before he started quietly gushing. I also heard him contemplate to himself, then a quick camera flash, then he stepped closer to us.

"Um- y/n? Donnie?" He tried verbally waking either one of us up, but I knew Donnie wasn't going to budge. And frankly, I was too comfortable to 'wake up' either.

After he once again didn't get any responses from us, he went ahead and lightly shook Donnie by the shoulder.

I figured he would've shook me, but guess not. It actually makes sense if ya think about it considering what I went through earlier. Or- yesterday? I dunno what time it is nor how long I slept, so I couldn't say.

Raph's shaking actually seemed to work, because Donnie shifted in the seat and a low groan came from him. I felt him raise a hand, presumably to rub the tiredness from his eyes.

"Wha.." I could also feel his morning voice vibrating from his chest and throat. And damn was it somethin.

He looked around, quickly seeing me still on his lap and plastron first, then his brother now standing a few feet away from us. "Raph.? What's goin on?" He was too tired to worry about Raphs reaction to me sleeping on his lap, which I guess is a good thing.

Raph smiled apologetically at don. "You guys have been sleeping for hours now, you missed dinner. I was just comin to tell ya that there's leftovers in the kitchen, and that I needed to talk to you both soon." Raph informed, earning a hum from the sleepy scientist.

Donnie gave a tired smile back. "Alright Raphie, we'll go get food when they wake up. Thanks bro." Donnie accepted it, and so did raph.

"Well, I'll leave you be, might be hard to get them off of you when they're sitting like that." I could hear the slight teasing tone in Raph's voice as he spoke while leaving the lab, and Donnie did aswell.

Don grumbled a little and looked back down at me. He simply stared for a moment, then he put both hands on my back. "Y/n, we gotta wake up." He tried soothing me awake, but I didn't wanna listen.

So instead of getting up, I cuddled more into him. "Comfy..." I spoke in a way that made it sound like I was talking on my sleep, but after a second, Donnie sighed. "Y/n, I know you're awake. Your breathing isn't as leveled and your heart is beating faster." Damn, saw right through me.

Oh well, doesn't mean I have to get up. I waited a second, then huffed and just held onto him tighter. Donnie chuckled a little at this. "Sweetheart, don't make me get forceful with you now." He threatened, and I knew he wasn't joking.

I knew it was illogical and risky, but I decided to see what would happen. So, I groaned and sat up a little, staring right at him.