Road To Recovery (Pt 6)

(Welp, this is the chapter. The name of our baby sister shall finally be revealed! I've had it in mind for a long while, and I wanted to see if any of you would be able to guess something close using the last chapter as a little hint. I hope I picked a good one, because I also have a lot of scenarios correlating to her. Hope y'all enjoy!)

Y/n's POV

Turning off the laptop and hiding the list in a panic, I sighed and looked towards the lab door only to see Donnie tiredly walking in with a nigh empty cup of what I assumed was coffee.

He looked at me and saw me confusedly staring, and just grabbed a chair and dragged it over, sitting next to me.

He didn't say anything, but he had his headphones on and he looked upset, so I simply watched and didn't question him.

Donnie put the cup down and stared off into space for a moment before suddenly falling towards me. He carefully laid his head on my shoulder, then he scooted his chair closer and turned me so I was facing him just so he could nuzzle his forehead into the front of my shoulder instead of the side.

This got me a little concerned, but it also nearly made me melt. "You ok Dee?" I finally spoke up, and in response he shook his head a little. "..Did you have a nightmare?" I calmly questioned while bringing my hand out to lightly touch his shell, but he flinched and whimpered when my fingertip made contact.

I quickly pulled away, squeaking out a fast "sorry!" just as he nodded his head. "C-can.. you wash my shell for me? I feel gross..." His voice was quiet and cracky, like he was close to the point of tears. He was most definitely overwhelmed by something.

His inquiry caught me off guard, but I quickly connected the dots. He had dreamt about the Krangg. Knowing this, I gently put my hand on the back of his head instead of his shell.

"Yea, I can do that. Do you wanna go to the Medbay or the bathroom?" I gave him choices, but he shook his head again. "No? Where are you ok with me washing your shell then?" He paused for a moment, then decided. "In here please."

I smiled at him and nodded. "Alright. Can I go get a wash cloth and some water while you wait here? Or do you want to come with me?" I let him choose again, leading him to move away from my shoulder and look up at me.

He observed my face closely, then he pushed his swivel chair back a little. "I can stay." He stated simply, and I nodded and got up. "I'll be right back then." I then left the lab and went to the bathroom, quickly gathering the supplies I needed.

I also splashed my face with a little water, but I got back to the lab within minutes of leaving.

Upon re-entering the lab, I saw that soft white noise was playing, and the purple LEDs were now a more blueish tone.

Donnie was sitting on the edge of the couch, trying to calm himself down with the help of the lights and music.

I knocked on the wall, quickly getting his attention. He was tense, but he relaxed when he saw me. I gently smiled and walked over, setting the bucket down and sitting next to him.

"So, how are we going to do this? I've helped wash other younger kids before, but I've never washed a turtle shell, let alone a softshell." I tried lightening the mood a little.