Hidden City Date

Y/n's POV

Dreamland faded away, leaving me to wake up with sunlight shining brightly in my eyes from the opened window. I groaned and sat up in bed, wondering why it was opened when I vividly remember making sure it was shut the night prior.

"Ugh, I'm not gonna get any answers just thinkin about it. Today I'm hanging out with Donnie, so I need to wake up and get ready."

With that thought, I hopped off my bed and grabbed my phone, checking the time and any new notifications. It was 9:58 and the Only notification was a text from Donnie.

'💜🐢Adorkable Nerd🐢💜: I'm picking you up in half an hour, be ready.'

The text was sent an hour and a half ago, at 8:28, which means Donnie already came by, and if that were the case, then it would explain why my window is open. but why didn't he wake me up?

I stared at my phone for another second before hearing a noise outside my room. It startled me, so I picked up my watch, putting it on and slowly making my way out of my room, stalking through the hall.

There were little thuds in the living room, along with the sound of the TV turning on, and finally, a voice.

"There we go. Now all that's left to do is to go wake y/n up!" It was Donnie. I sighed silently, and heard his footsteps start towards the hallway.

I was relieved that it was just him, but he still needed to compensate for putting me on high alert after just waking up.

Before he rounded the corner, I stood up straight and slouched, ignoring the adrenaline and let fatigue take over, just to continue to walk.

As expected, we turned at the same time, and bumped into eachother. I'm probably going to regret semi-purposefully smacking my head on his plastron, but him letting out a barely audible surprised gasp and quickly stabling me with his arms around my waist and back so I wouldn't fall made the soon-to-be headache totally worth it.

"Y/n? Good morning, I was just about to come get you." I looked up at Donnie, meeting his smile.

It was contagious, and I smiled back looking at him with a sweet tired expression. "Good morning Donnie. Care to explain why you thought it was a good idea to just come in without letting me know instead of just knocking on the window and waking me up?"

Donnie just kept his smile, in fact it pretty much turned into a lovely little smirk, but I knew if I was April he'd be sweating, probably scared shitless. "Because I wanted to surprise you before the real date. And you looked cute in your peaceful state, didn't wanna ruin your good dreams."

I hummed and simply hugged him. "Good answer." He could hear my small content smile, and after a moment I let go, slipping passed him to see what his surprise was.

It wasn't much, but to me, blankets and pillows with movies and pancakes/waffles on the couch is an absolute treat.

I heard Donnie walk up behind me. "I may have -begrudgingly- had Mikey's help using the stove, even if I'm still a bit irritated at them all for last night, they insisted that they be part of things. Leo's also going to help us get to where we need to be, but that'll be later" Donnie informed while guiding me over to the couch.