Young Meets Old

Y/n's POV

"Soooo, is something supposed to happen?" Mikey asked as him and I sat bored in the vast blackness of my subconscious.

It felt like we were there for hours at this point. "Normally when i enter a void like this it's when I'm sleeping, and normally something does happen, but It's never consistent. At least we're not in the presence of my ancestor... If that were the case I'd ask you to go Doctor Delicate Touch on him, then stress over how he'd respond to said request." I laid on my back in a starfish position, while Mikey was sitting next to me.

He simply hummed and looked down at me, making eye contact. "What normally happens?" He inquired while ignoring the part about my ancestor, trying to make light conversation.

I looked away, now realizing that I never told anyone that I've talked to my old family in my dreams. "I.." just before I told him my secret, we heard a whooshing sound, and a bright light shone from behind us.

I sat up and we turned around, seeing the void open up and a white portal appear. "Nothing like this, that's for sure..." I muttered and stumbled to my feet, Mikey following suit.

We stared at the portal in awe. It looked identical to the one I brought Leonardo through. "You don't think we died somehow... Right? This isn't the light at the end of the tunnel or a new hospital room we're about to be born into?" I questioned as a half-joke, and in response Mikey grabbed my hand and beamed at me.

"Only one way to find out!" He tried confidently power walking to the portal, but I wouldn't budge.

Mikey looked back at me. "Y/n?" He could see the worry in my face. "I.. don't know if we should risk it. We don't exactly have the best history with portals and gateways." I was nervous, and tried voicing my concerns to Mikey.

He listened, and turned more towards me. "Yea, but we also have good history with them too! A gateway brought you here so you could meet us and get out of the apocalypse, a gateway saved the world by bringing Casey here, a gateway saved both Leos, so many good things happened with the use of them, so why shouldn't we see what this one has in store when we're protected by the power of both of our minds?" Mikey tried encouraging me.

I stared at him and the portal, letting his reassuring words sink in. And eventually, despite my body and mind telling me no because trauma, I took a deep breath and smiled back at him. "A-Alright. Let's go," Mikey's smile grew brighter as he cheered and pulled me along with him.

I closed my eyes tightly and squeezed Mikey's hand when we went through, and when we stopped walking Mikey muttered out a "woahhh...", Leading me to cautiously open my eyes.

The portal behind us didn't close like I assumed it would, and on the other side was what looked like a massive part of the sewers, but with a giant skate ramp. I looked at Mikey, he had a face of nostalgia and pure excitement.

"It's the old lair!" He yelled with sheer Joy, laughing as he looked around. "Y/n, this is where we grew up! I can't believe it! How'd your mind know what it looked like?" Mikey looked at me with a curious smile, but I couldn't answer.

I felt a presence to the side of us. "Y/n? What're you doing here?" I quickly looked, seeing Michelangelo floating and carrying something. Mikey also looked at him, and his face lit the frick up.