A Coma: Outside The Mind

3rd person POV

Everyone pitched in after Donnie's discovery.

Raph, Leo, and splinter, all got the Medbay ready for when Donnie arrived, and Mikey had went to get Draxum so he could see what he could do.

Donnie carried y/n all the way from their apartment to the lair, talking to them, pleading for them to stay with him, and trying to convince them both that it'll be alright.

As soon as the two made it, Donnie rushed them into the Medbay and laid y/n down on the bed. Everyone else surrounded y/n, including Mikey and Draxum who had arrived just minutes prior.

"How did this happen?" Draxum consulted Donnie. "They must have overworked themself. With how much mystic energy and normal energy they've been using to help everyone, along with all the mental strain of everything going on in their head, it probably became to much." Donnie shared his observations without looking away from y/n's face.

"Is there anything you can do?" Mikey asked Draxum, his voice shaking in fear for his friend, tears pricking at his eyes. Leo put an arm around Mikey in order to comfort him whilst draxum thought.

Eventually, the sheepman hummed. "If what you say is accurate Donatello, then y/n's body has entered a coma so that they could heal from all that mental and physical trauma and stress. If that's the case, the most we can do is keep them stable and hope that they awaken soon." His news made the room fill with uncertainty.

Everyone grew quiet, all looking down at the sleeping y/n. The silence lasted a long while, and Donnie even held y/n's hand, trying to think of any possible way to help them.

At long last, one of them spoke up. "Y/n should still have their reserve energy in their visor. It never transfered to Mikey. Can we give that to them?" Leo looked at Draxum, who looked right back at him.

"It's worth a shot. Donatello, you know how to work their watch. Do what you have to in order to transfer the energy to them. Raphael, come with me. We need to get supplies to keep their body stable." Raph nodded, and the two left the room.

Once they were gone, Donnie went to y/n's wrist with the watch, and carefully lifted their arm. "Mikey, help me hold their arm up. I need to work on the watch without taking it off." Mikey slowly nodded and went beside Donnie, looking down at y/n and holding their arm with one hand, and their hand with the other.

Donnie was quick to unlock the watch, and luckily the reserve energy button was easy to find. He pressed it without a second thought, and they all saw a pure white glow coming from the sides of the visor.

Y/n's breathing sped up by a very small amount, and their heartbeat leveled out a little more, all before the white aura slowly faded.

When it was done, Mikey and Donnie gently settled their arm back beside them. "They'll need to be alone so their body can focus on healing. It won't be good for us either if we keep sulking over them. Let us go rest. Purple, you will stay here tonight. We will take shifts to watch over them." Splinter lead his sons, and they reluctantly nodded.

That night, draxum and raph helped Donnie and Leo set y/n up with a few IV tubes for nourishment, April helped Donnie change
y/n into a hospital gown, and Leo stayed with Donnie for moral support as long as he could.