Temporary Tots

Y/n's POV

It's been a few days since we all had that nightmare, and me and Mikey have been training more, now specifically trying to make a portal back to Leonardo's future.

Leonardo had come to the lair a little after we had all fallen asleep in the TV room, and when we all woke up, he spoke to all of us about his plan of going back to his time.

Since then, draxum and Leonardo has been helping me and Mikey more with our portals, but I've been a little more alert towards Mikey's hands than I was with the training.

As for the others, they are planning a big going away party for Leonardo. Today however, everyone took a break to watch me and Mikey, even splinter.

We were doing really well, but I insisted on making the portal myself and Mikey simply adding more mystic energy. I had made the portal that brought Leonardo here, I know more about the future, and I'm getting worried about Mikey and his hand tremors.

So, with this session, I'm sitting with my legs crossed on the ground, and Mikey is kneeling next to me with his hand on my shoulder.

It was silent in the room, I was trying to meditate and connect with my magic again, while Mikey was focused on his own energy and mixing a healthy portion of it with mine.

After quite a few incredibly long minutes of silence, crackling could be heard in the air, and wind began blowing throughout the big room.

Despite all the gasps and mutters from the others, me and Mikey kept focusing, and eventually, we heard a surprised and happy sounding "guys, you did it!" From Raph.

This cue allowed us to open our eyes, and see a pale yellow portal in front of us. It was super pretty, and everyone approached.

Before they got to close though, I used more mystic energy to slightly push against them. "Don't go near it." I ordered, and they all begrudgingly complied.

"Ok, now that a gateway has been made, we can make sure it's actually the right one. Donnie?" Leonardo called for Donnie to get the small test drone he made.

The terrapin quickly nodded and grabbed the drone and an iPad, bringing them over and sitting down next to me. "We can send this through and see through the lens so no one gets stuck. It may still be unstable, so this is the best option." Donnie explained while hooking it up with the iPad.

He started up the drone and sent it flying through the gateway, everyone quickly crowding around behind us to see.

The four brothers were the closest, and the adults were more behind. After a lot of static on the iPad, we got back connection and saw a wasteland. It looked like the apocalypse, but it also looked different.

Leonardo however, recognized it immediately. "You actually did it! Oh this is great!" He was beyond pleased with the results, but as soon as he did, something went wrong.

Me and Mikey felt it first, and we looked at the gateway to see it glitching and sparking. There was also a slight hissing sound coming from it, and not even seconds later, the iPad turned to static, and the gateway literally blew up.

Smoke filled the entire area, and, being the closest to me, Donnie and Mikey both flung themselves over me as if to protect me from the blast.