Red week (Donnie x FEM!reader)

(Hey! So, I've decided that because I can't work on the movie chapters atm, I'm going to do this, mainly cuz I'm goin through it rn and it sucks. this specific chapter and others I may do with specified gender roles do not have to be canon to the storyline if so desired. it's completely optional, and this chapter will not be referred too in any of the others. Also, Donnie and y/n are already together in this oneshot, and I truly apologize if any of the descriptions I use disturb people, I'll try to keep it as nice as possible. Now on to the story!)

3rd person POV

The sounds of birds chirping could be heard outside y/n's bedroom window, but all she could do as she woke up was groan and agitatedly grab her phone.

You see, the day prior y/n had started what she liked to call 'red week', where her uterus basically punished her for not making babies by suffocating itself while it shedded it's inner lining and released all the tissue and old eggs out of her.

April knew what was going on, y/n immediately told her so she could explain to the guys. Anyways, checking the time, y/n saw that it was only 8 in the morning.

It hurt for y/n to move, but she knew she needed to get up and do things. After some struggle, y/n had gotten from bed and went to the bathroom to change, then slipped on a giant black hoodie for comfort.

She groggily left her room and looked through her kitchen to find food. After 5 minutes of searching that resulted in failure, y/n opted for a nutritional chocolate shake, and got some medicine for her cramps.

She then went and sat on the couch with some blankets, pillows, her hoodie, and her games. She decided to go on Minecraft and work on the world her and Donnie have been creating together, planning on surprising him with a new redstone contraption in their ever-expanding cave house.

Unfortunately though, she didn't get very far. Before she could really do much, she had to stop because of the pain. Because of a long history of being surrounded by nigh toxic air and diseases, y/n had become immune to most things. And that included most pain killers.

It's so bad that only surgery grade medicine like oxycodone works for pain and sleep, but even that doesn't work as well as it should.

So, she ultimately gave up and just layed on her couch reading through text messages on her phone, uncomfortably applying pressure to an ice pack she had retrieved from the freezer, making sure the icy coldness was firmly on her stomach.

Eventually, after a bit of not doing anything, there was a knock at the window. By this point y/n had almost finally stayed still long enough to not feel pain and almost drifted off to sleep, but that was ruined when she looked over the couch seeing both Donnie and Mikey outside on the fire escape.

A small surprised smile crept up onto y/n's face as she felt pleased to see them, and slowly got up from the couch, ignoring the pain as best she could, to let them in.

Once the two turtles stepped inside, Donnie took one look at y/n and instantly pressed his hand on her forehead, then cupped her face staring at her with a concerned expression. "Are you feeling ok y/n? You're burning up, is there any pain?" Clearly he knew exactly what was happening.

Y/n softly smiled at him. "I feel like all my reproductive organs are being harshly ripped out of my stomach then shoved back in by a sludge hammer." She spoke with a soft voice, keeping her smile.