Waking Up

3rd person POV

The day after y/n's episode, everyone decided to stay in and around the Medbay, just in case something happened again.

They were all worried sick about y/n, now more than ever, but they also found hope in the fact that y/n had finally moved after a month of them being in a vegetative state.

Each of his brothers and April tried to drag Donnie away from y/n, but he refused. Y/n clung to him in a way he'd never seen before. They were scared and in pain. All the other times, they were just upset and in need up emotional support.

He was not taking the risk of them freaking out again and not having him around. inside Donnie was totally smitten, and would never do anything to put y/n in danger. With them in this condition, he no longer cared about keeping things subtle.

Currently, he was holding his journal with one hand, writing in it with his spider shell appendages, and using his other hand to hold y/n's, just in case they moved again.

Casey was also in with Donnie and y/n, but he was sitting across the room over by the door.

The others were all doing their own thing outside of the needle room, but they were on high alert and were ready to drop anything and everything if something happened.

Eventually, something did indeed happen.

It started with a very faint grunt, which made Donnie jump up and lock his eyes on y/n.

Then their hand twitched, their face contorted, their head moved slightly to the side, and finally, their eyes slowly opened.

Y/n's eyes only opened a tiny bit before they closed again, and they groaned. "Casey. Casey, turn the lights off and get over here." Donnie quietly called to y/n's best friend, who had also jumped up at the sound of y/n.

He instantly complied and rushed to shut the Medbay lights off, then he rushed to Donnie's side. "Y/n? Y/n, can you hear us?" Casey put his hand on their arm.

"Y/n..." A lump formed in Donnie's throat, and he gave their hand a light squeeze as miniscule tears began to form.

Y/n's head was pounding, but they had tried opening their eyes once more after hearing Casey and Donnie. This time, it was darker, so they could open their eyes more, and when they did they made eye contact with both boys.

The teen was going to try and speak, but all that came out was another painful moan. They also looked around as much as they could, seemingly confused.

Not even seconds later, all the others were in the room after hearing Casey speak, crowding y/n.

They were all speechless, a couple of them were even crying. One of those couple, was Mikey. As soon as he saw y/n, he burst into tears and basically jumped on them, starting a massive group hug.

Of course, some parts of y/n began aching due to their newly opened scars, and they winced.

The group hug quickly dissipated at the sound, and Donnie carefully helped y/n sit up a little more. "W-where.. am I?" Y/n's voice was raspy and low, but it was still music to everyone's ears just to hear it again.