Thoughts and Feelings

~previously~
I sat at my desk for a good few hours just drawing and writing in my journal. After those few hours, I checked the time and saw that it was 1:37 in the morning.

I still didn't feel tired, so I got my hoodie and shoes and things, and went up to my all-time favorite place; the roof.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

The night was cloudy and cool, but it was still bright thanks to all the building lights and the moon that shone through the clouds, illuminating them in the best way possible.

Normally I would have sat against the entrance to the roof, but this time I felt like sitting on the edge, dangling my feet over the ally opposite of the fire escape.

Despite it being the middle of the night, people were still walking around as if it were noon. It felt weirdly nice, maybe it was the noise? I'm not sure.

I tried focusing on all the people instead of my own thoughts, but one thing led to another and my one source of distraction became a homing beacon for the bad thoughts to generate.

So, instead I took out my phone and just stared at it. "I wonder if Casey's awake... Eh, probably not." I spoke to myself with a monotone voice, going over anyone I could distract myself with.

However just like the people below, everyone I could think of just reminded me of the bad thoughts.

I groaned and layed down on the edge of the roof, staring up at the moving clouds. Out of all the thoughts that flowed through my brain, two stood out the most.

'going to anyone about any of this wouldn't stop it, if anything I'd just make everything worse in the long run especially with Leonardo leaving soon.'

'but.. I need him. I wish he were here right now.'

Two thoughts that contradicted eachother. The two thoughts that kept me on that rooftop, not knowing what to do.

Eventually, and much to my dismay, I heard what sounded like a thud and footsteps. I quickly sat up and looked around, but I didn't see anything or anyone.

I sighed, feeling a familiar sense of loneliness, and went to lay back down. However, that did not work out the way I wanted it to.

More of my side was off the edge rather than on the edge, and needless to say, I fell. I once again was falling off the roof. Because this happened once before, I didn't feel as scared as I normally would have.

At least, not until I realized that my building was much, much higher than the first one. Adrenaline quickly filled my body, but I couldn't think properly. I couldn't act.

So what did I do? I turned into my back and closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of the hard ground below.

An impact, that never came. "Whew, hey are you ok?" An unfamiliar voice called out, and I slowly opened my eyes, seeing that I was being held by someone.

He didn't look like a human, so I assumed he was a yokai. "I uh.. yes?" I was at a loss for words. Seeing this, he carried me to a wall, setting me down on a clean part of the floor.